KNOWN ISSUE: Certain Keybinds & Mouse-binds Cannot Be Set

Yep, same issue here. Can’t even leave the tutorial. Great job.

Keybinds reset to default everything when exit the game.

1 Like

I was lucky to get in there day 1. It saved alright day 1, day 2+ some patch broke it and it resets now.

It’s worse now.

It let me “bind” it… but doing so immediately crashed the game.

Opening the KeyBindings menu at all now instant crashes.

Also crashing just a couple min into Meat Grinder not even attempting to spot (my new binding for ])

pressing ] does not trigger the binding.

Manual spot radial and selecting enemy instant crashes as well.

Attempting reinstall now, since I can’t find any ini with the bloody keybinds to fix. (checked APPDATA settings and game folder ini’s)

Worried this is in RegEdit somewhere … ಠ_ಠ

Reinstalling didn’t work.

Can’t find any registry for keybindings.

Can’t find any INI with keybindings. (Even with reinstall and

Game is basically bricked for me now

OK. Finally fixed it by disabling steam cloud sync then renaming the appdata/fatshark/darktide folder to create a new folder without loading settings off steam.

Playing again, but hooo that was not fun xD

Issue Description:
1st issue - I have to rebind my weapon quickswap bind after every game crash.
2nd issue - Even if the key is bound and it’s bind is visible in the menu, it doesn’t work. Happens after every disconnect and reconnect back to the mission.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Press ESC
  2. Navigate to Options - Keybindings
  3. Select ‘Quick Wield’
  4. Press ‘=’ (bound to side scroll on Razer Naga via. Razer Synapse app as my previous binds ‘[’ and ‘]’ didn’t work)
  5. Slay some heretics
  6. Suffer a crash or disconnect for misplaced faith
  7. Launch the game again or ry to reconnect
  8. If game crashed, repeat steps 1-4, if game reconnected, keep using ‘1’ and ‘2’ as quick wield doesn’t work anymore

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Steam ID: 76561198072172450

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Console Log:
console-2022-11-24-15.44.22-0670416b-c162-41a4-83c5-01bffa9f3f64.log (200.2 KB)

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
When binding “tag” to mouse wheel up, it simply doesn’t work. I had that issue in the closed beta already but the button simply refuses to do it’s job.

A similar issue is “m4” (meaning the special/extra mouse button) simply not being bindable at all.

Both of these things were no issue in VT2 and need to be addressed.

Steps to Reproduce:
Bind the respective keys

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
Controller support is lacking. I use a controller (Playstation 4, I’m okay with the symbols being Xbox), and there’s some difficulty in using it. In the options menu, I can’t actually modify the “keybindings” of my controller, and when playing with a controller, the dodge/jump button (usually Space on a keyboard) randomly gets reassigned. At first, it was A (X on my Playstation controller), but now it’s L1, and sometimes it’ll switch in the middle of a mission for no reason.

Steps to Reproduce:
Use a bluetooth controller to play the game, I guess. I’m using a Playstation 4 controller but I suspect if I’m having issues then Xbox bluetooth controller players are also having issue with dodge randomly being assigned to different buttons.

Platform:
Steam

11/20/2022, 4:00 PM USA

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Console Log:
Uploaded here
console-2022-11-17-22.53.02-b009e2b5-4d13-4148-8691-019ff2a45578.log (26.9 KB)

Issue Description:
I usually rebind my mouse keys to send normal keys for wide game compatibility. In this case, my right tilt is bound to ]. I attempted to bind my dodge to ] but the keybind just turns into “unassigned” if I do that.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Go to keybind menu
  2. Go to the dodge item
  3. Attempt to rebind
  4. Press ]
  5. Observe that the keybind says “unassigned”. It should say ].

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

steam

Player ID:

11/25/2022 11:30am PST

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-25-19.51.34-1c29dfa6-dc7a-424a-abd6-ef342332133f.log (31.0 KB)

darktide_launcher.log (59.2 KB)

Mousewheel up can be bound to ‘tag’ but it doesn’t work.

1 Like

Please let us rebind the “Sell item”/“Delete character” button.

Game keeps forgetting my keybinds. I switch Grenade from ‘G’ to ‘Z’, it works during play, but if I restart the game it becomes ‘Unassigned’ and I have to bind it to ‘Z’ again. I feel like this is a related issue, so I am posting about it here instead of creating a new thread.

Another issue is that I use a Logitech G600. This mouse has 12 side buttons, and two extra buttons below the mousewheel. None of these buttons are assignable as keybinds. In the Psykanarium tutorial, there is a section where it asks you to press “Mouse 5”, which doesn’t exist on the G600. I had to rebind weapon special to ‘X’ in order to progress. Interestingly, the game remembers this, it also remembers my rebind for crouch to ‘C’. I only ever have to reapply the bind for grenades.

Morning Devs,

Hope you’re all well and enjoying the launch. I have two questions:

1. Do you have any left-handed members on your staff who play pc games and
  2. Do they use a mouse + keyboard?

Because, for the love of Sigmar, allow me the ability to ‘move forward’ using the letter ‘I’ as my keybind after I’ve completed the prolouge & training module pleaseeeeee!

Thank you and have a nice day :hugs:

1 Like

When changing keybinds I attempted to set my special attack to one of my extra mouse buttons on my G502 lightspeed, this caused the game to crash and whenever I go to keybinds now the game crashes. This is particularly bad as a accidentally unbound my fire button on my ranged weapon making the game unplayable.

Issue Description:
Mouse wheel up and down are used for swapping weapons and cannot be changed in menu.

The client still does not remember the changes and I have to rebind 2 keys evert time i start the game.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Start the client
  2. Rebind keys
  3. Exit client

Platform:
[Steam]

Player ID:

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Console Log:

4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

5. Upload here

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Issue Description:

Hopefully a simple one. In Vermintide 2 I had tag enemies set to scroll up. I can’t do that in darktide? I can rebind other keys no problem.

Crash Report (If Applicable):
[Please see instructions on how to provide a crash report in the pinned Topic]

Error Displayed (If Applicable):

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Play Chasm Logistratum as Ogryn (Skullbreaker)
  2. Attempt to pick up the second Grimoire
  3. Crash

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

Player ID:

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

Upload Console Log:

5. Upload here

5. Upload here

Yeah, people always seem to forget us left handers.
Being able to rebind SOME of the keys, but not ALL of the keys is just a dumb oversight. Add Inventory and everything else to the rebind screen.
Frankly, someone needs to set up a standard Left Handed rebind option and create an industry standard.

1 Like

This Fatshark. PLEASE get this to work. There are reddit threads from a month ago and that issue still is not fixed whatsoever

1 Like

I cannot rebind my Tag Wheel or Tag function, it is properly set in the Keybinds menu of the Settings menu, and I tried to put my weapon special on Mouse Button 3 which is the wheel, and now it does the weapon special AND the tag wheel, since for whatever reason, tag wheel and tag cannot be unbound. Also, I have a mouse with more than 2 extra buttons, and when I try to map keybinds to those keys, it keeps defaulting them to the R and G keys respectively. I have experiemented and they are simply just broken and need to be remedied, please and thank you.

I’m also having the game forget a specific bind. For me, it’s the Equip Deployable action. It’s happening exactly the same way; sticks for any given session, then ends up unassigned and unusable the next time I start the game up.

I have to rebind the “Q” key to “blitz” each time I start up the game. Once bound it’s fine, but then it “forgets” the binding next time I play. Other key/mouse bindings have persisted without problem, just the “Q” key.