KNOWN ISSUE: Artifacts Relating to Video Quality

Same problem

Ryzen 5 3600
rx5700xt

After some more testing, it seems that turning the lighting setting to “Low” removes the distortion, but my guess would be that this is because it also removes all shadows.

Some more screenshots to illustrate:

Lighting set to “Extreme”

Lighting set to “Low”

same pb with a amd system :

gpu: 6900xt
cpu: 5600x.

have to put lighting on low

Similar issue, AMD too

GPU: 6800XT
CPU: 3700X

I experience the same problem :

6900XT / i5 13600K

People experience this issue on other games as well :

Same issue.
6900XT and Ryzen 7 5800x.

Same issue here. I found another user who was posting about this, I put my info and screenshots there. Im on an Intel i7 4770K and running an AMD card RX Vega 64.
So it looks like its AMD related, maybe a driver issue.

and another one I found with the same issue:

And one more - amd user as well:

and:

Issue Description:

• Lattice type graphical artifacting occuring near weapon, seems to “cling” to weapon edges.
  • includes all weapons, hands, and grenades

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

Just running around in a map for a while is sufficient.
The desert map is where it is most noticeable due to lighting

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Occurs on any mission

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:

11/26/2022, 23:08] [EST]

Reproduction Rate:

Often, sometimes disappears and reappears within same match depending on zone and lighting.

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

console-2022-11-27-01.17.26-e7f7576a-b6d7-4073-afa7-9e47159564f6.log (760.9 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (225.7 KB)

Same issue discribed here:

I have seen that weirdness.

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Please be aware that we will monitor all submissions in Performance Feedback, however, we will only respond if additional information is required.

Issue Description:
I get some artifacts arounds weapons. Interestingly some maps are worse than others. Especially Relay Station TRS-150 is bad. It’s also easily replicated in the Meat Grinder near locked monster locations and the exit.

Attempted Solutions:
I thought it might have something to do with FSR, but disabling that feature has no effect.

Platform:
Steam

PC Specifications:
AMD 5900X
AMD 6800XT
32GB Ram
WD Black 2TB NVMe

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-27-13.01.40-8c9349c5-8d7a-47fd-8914-465da1cdacd8.log (678.7 KB)

darktide_launcher.log (785.0 KB)

1 Like

Tried reducing “Lighting” to “Low” and that significantly reduced the artifacts to where it’s only visible near the transition from weapons to environment.

I have the exact same problem. Tried different graphics settings with non solving the issue. Just like you wrote, it changes with the lighting settings, but its constantly there. I am as well using an AMD card, but an older RX Vega 64 with latest drivers (so a possible driver/amd issue?) Procesesor is intel i7-4770K, 16gb ram, installed on Hard Drive.
This glitch is visible for me on some maps not only around the weapon, but actually on textures as well. I have put all the settings on low or off without any change, its still there, see screenshot.

This is in meatgrinder on max settings, its especially visible with flashlight.

1 Like

I found this thread with the same issue. Looks like its affecting AMD graphics:
https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/visual-artifacts-distortion-from-interaction-between-dynamic-shadows-and-player-viewmodels/56354/13

1 Like

Issue Description:
Graphical artifacting appearing on screen as shown in youtube video and screenshots.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Enable lightning quality to anything except low

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
Steam

Player ID:

[11/18/2022, 04:00 CET

Reproduction Rate:
100%

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here
    console-2022-11-18-02.10.53-f084e61f-5280-4593-b2be-2599fdde5f06.log (294.5 KB)
2 Likes

Issue Description:

Crash Report (If Applicable):
No crash

Error Displayed (If Applicable):

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Load game
  2. Character model displays black artifacting.

I use Linux so I’m not sure if that’s an issue but I have tried multiple Proton versions and it doesn’t matter which one I use. This issue was not present in the Pre-Launch Beta but is present now on full release.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
N/A

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
C*ck Gobbler

12/01/2022 11:00 [AEST]

Reproduction Rate:
100%

Video

Upload Console Log:
N/A

N/A

Same issue here, AMD CPU and GPU.

Didn’t have this issue during either of the betas. What’s more bizarre is that I booted up the Game Pass version just for the hell of it and this issue does not occur there and it runs without performance issues I’m experiencing on Steam ver.

1 Like

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/how-to-provide-a-crash-report-console-log-or-darktide-launcher-log/55163/3

Please provide your darktide launcher and console logs

Also I would try to delete your darktide folder in appdata

My mate was saying that it is most likely a shader issue. He’s had a look at stuff like that on Unreal Engine. Console and launcher logs are below:

console-2022-12-01-04.04.12-641d4072-2c6b-44c8-8a11-22874d290453.log (65.8 KB)

darktide_launcher.log (588.8 KB)

I also see the shader issue (lets just call it that) on the NPC’s too. Like I said, it wasn’t like this before launch but now it’s definitely an issue.

Cheers.