KNOWN ISSUE: 'Abhor the Mutant', Cliffhanger' and 'Up Close and Personal' Penances Not Counting Progress As Expected

An alternative method is to charge after an ally has been charged; trickier, but more consistent than just charging at the mutant and praying.

No its working. Did it yesterday after the Day before i tried and tried and tried and dint get it.
Mutant was charging and grabbing another Player. I Dashed in with my Eviscerator and killed him from the side. This Confirms that he not need to Charge you. Its working if not so consistent to pull of!

WHats even harder is the Achievement to kill 50 Enemies while they are flashed. I used my Flamer, threw a Nade Flamed and threw a Nade again, Flamed again. But it doesnt work. When i see the Pile im definetly having like 50 Corpses but whatever…

When you do the Achievement where yu cant shoot once. Take the Flamer. It doesnt count for that Achievement. I got by accident. Used the Flamer the whole Round, since i got it new then and still got the Achievement!

I actually just got the flashed achievement, I legitimately think it’s bugged and isn’t completable on Malice; only Heresy and higher.

charge heavy attack before using ability, release during ability. thats how i got it. not bugged just not explained very well.

Adding this here but you can earn the Veteran “Make every shot count” playing as Ogryn and presumably other classes too.

Also adding in here the preacher penance “buying time” does also not activate.

See screenshot for clarification

I had to dash at him as well as kill him w the melee.

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

I completed Up close and personal where you need to only use your melee weapon on a Malice level mission and I have done this at least 3 times if not more to gain an upper body armor cosmetic and it has not given it to me can you please give me the cosmetic I have earned and fix this issue

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Play Chasm Logistratum as Ogryn (Skullbreaker)
  2. Navigate to the medical station before Burnside
  3. Crouch-slide into the dumpster next to the blue and white Tertium sign
  4. Get stuck

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

Player ID:
steam ID is william_majere my gamer tag is Cyber_Samurai

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
11/24/2022 western standard time

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here

Issue Description:
The penance known as Abhor the Mutant;
Did it in all configurations I could think off, charging at the Mutant, while Mutant charging, with both of us chagrining - nothing seems to work, and it’s a bit frustrating since to be fair all I want from this is to get my hands on the helmet.

The penance known as Cliffhanger
3/20 no matter what I am doing.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

Steam ID: 76561197972204365

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%) - since I never got the achievement?

darktide_launcher.log (35.7 KB)

console-2022-11-25-15.37.58-ac9a3ac4-e32b-4e6c-8773-b4de89231363.log (610.5 KB)

Mmmm yes… cliffhanger not progressing for me as well.

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

**Issue Description: seems to be an issue in getting the penance to count kills after knocking npc off cliff and counting toward progress to penance goal.

Steps to Reproduce:
in particular, ive been knocking npcs into the smelter in the final area, however since 1.7 update all progression towards the gaol halted

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
[Steam]

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here

same for me

have killed mutant 5+ times while charging and mutant charing and no penance

Issue Description:
Abhor the mutant and Up Close and Personal both are not completing for me. Just finished a malice round just using my hammer and it didnt count it for the penance. I think maybe it was because I threw 1 grenade?

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Play Preacher

2. Use your ability to dash to the mutant

3. Attack mutant and land killing blow during said dash

4. Achievement does not activate

5. Complete a malice level round without firing a shot

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

STEAM_0:0:48228839

gimme my drip :frowning:

The descriptions is the misleading, you have to use “Chastise the Wicked” instead of “Dash”.

Rip. Ill try that soon af, thank you! I’m just more bummed about Up Close and Personal tbh, the round was quite the painful journey lol

I just knocked an entire horde of 40 plus off a bridge down into the death zone and i didn’t get the penance… Had my mates gather them up on a tiny bridge and psy wrathed them all. Didn’t get any progress on it from the last time i did it. Would love to get a dev response because this penance seems like its incredibly buggy.

Managed to get it on latest patch (mission with the ammo, the bridge before the storm raptor) so I doubt it’s bugged.

I know the Brain Burst one is bugged, it says Malice difficulty but actually requires Heresy.

Maybe it’s a difficulty thing? Although I’ve pushed a lot of enemies and the highest result it shows is still 2.

Really hoping we can get a dev to post here and clarify whether its working properly or not. I’ve knocked 3 hordes completely off a bridge and only got 17 out of 20 when there were far more than 20 enemies i pushed off simultaneously.

Guys please, I’ve killed it while dashing, while he was dashing, while both were dashing, focusing on him is affecting the game flow and nothing seems to work

Steps: charge at mutant while it is charging toward someone else // land hit before touching him // hit kills him // nothing happens

Steam: irleman

Frequency: 4 or 5 times (not sure of one of them)