I think it's time to tone back the harsh feedback of Darktide

While I don’t agree with attacking people’s freedom and agency, I do believe that if you are going to offer suggestions that you do it humanely. We must always strive to embody that which separates us from the beasts.

This is doing it the humanely way, what the frag are you smoking?

2 Likes

That’s a pretty low bar. We should strive to raise it higher just as ourselves. Just because people should be expected to grow unaffected by forceful language does not mean we should allow ourselves to fall to using it. We can be better.

No. I will persist in bringing valid criticism to their attention until it no longer falls on deaf ears, even if that means I have to die on said hill. I am so tired of people letting Developers off the hook. They deserve all the frustration they are getting as they are responsible for this product - not the players.

9 Likes

Corporations aren’t people and don’t have feelings.

1 Like

No.

Get off your high horse.

We’re not sending them death threats and stalking their homes, I’ll come here and complain as much as I please and you can deal with it and cry about it.

He’s CLEARLY trolling, considering he just said that he thinks the feelings of players/customers are less important than the developers so they shouldn’t be criticized.

2 Likes

By expressing our opinions, we are not invalidating their opinions/preferences nor are we preventing them from doing whatever they want. Telling people to “be quiet” is almost always unconstructive. The developers can choose to listen to feedback (which may lead to more or less sales) or they can choose to not listen to feedback (which may lead to more or less sales). It’s completely Fatshark’s prerogative to do as they please operationally.

Dissenting opinions might be communicated in ways that are too inappropriate or vulgar, but even that doesn’t substantively subtract from the material in question. At that point, you’re arguing for rhetorical conduct and rules updates within this moderated forum. Maybe telling people to be quiet truly works if you’re hiding from a large animal in the forest or watching a movie in a theater, but I feel like that’s irrelevant here lol

1 Like

surely you can do better than this

Pretty sure their identity was well set in place before all this live service jank.

Then they should be allowed to maintain their identity in peace and with dignity.

And I payed for crafting on release, the world’s a funny place.

3 Likes

They’ve sold people a game, now they need to deliver on it. The longer that takes, the more peace and less dignity they’ll be left with.

2 Likes

Since we’ve had no acknowledgement of the “Harsh Feedback” I disagree. Once Fatshark stops burying their heads in the sand and doubling down on terrible decisions I say:
fetchimage

3 Likes

*paid

They released an unfinished game. This sort of thing would’ve been admonished to the depths of hell before ‘live service’ was a thing. Of course they deserve harsh criticism, just not hate-filled. Scornful, lambasting, but not hateful.

I agree to a point. Much of the criticism is fair; the devs either recanted statements made about mechanics, or else shipped what felt like half-baked functionality to call it done.

But we also know that as Vermintide II stands today, this company has a record of getting things to a point where it’s solidly enjoyable. Do not tear them down while they’re still trying to improve things. I’m so tired of seeing vitriol and hate bleed through posts on this forum.

The setting is grimdark. We are not. Remember the human. There are extenuating factors that we cannot and will not ever know about certain decisions made, and you have to respect that for your purchasing of the game. Just because you gave them money for something doesn’t mean you have the right to trash them with malice for it not living up to 100% of your expectations.

Voice your feedback in a polite manner and move on.

1 Like