I am a toxic player. No score screen will make things worse

That’s not what I’m saying.
I’m saying it doesn’t make a difference and back 4 blood is the pefect example.
But it takes away engagement for many people and you end up with a new game that has 3000 concurrent players.
Back 4 blood is almost dead i would say, it’s basically a zombie, haha.
And they even release new content faster than fatshark, let that sink in.
But nobody cares anymore.

when i see scoreboard at end of mission i say to myself “cmon click that return to keep button faster its useless anyway, i dont wanna look at it another 45 seconds”
world war z will show you ppl you played last with and you can block them from matchmaking with you in future

1 Like

True, yes. But you can see and analyze the whole thing in 5 seconds anyway.
I always press the button as fast as possible as well, and I too am annoyed if someone doesn’t.
For all I care they could reduce the timer to 10 seconds.
I just want to see it.

an option to show/hide the scoreboard is a good idea
and make the score board appeared after the game in an other screen like: “mission report”
If you want to see it you click on it and it show the scoreboard of the previous mission so you can watch it as much as you want while other players are not bothered with that

2 Likes

Just make it a toggle. I can’t be this much of a problem. Make the scoreboard show up for everybody and if someone don’t want to show their scores make it an option to not show it to other players.

2 Likes

Make score cards private so that people who wan’t to compare them can and then make it a toggle feature so people who don’t want it can turn it off. Problem solved both sides happy. :smiley:

1 Like

I just hope I won’t ecnounter ts in my games :flushed:

Totally see your point Rashun and it’s great to see someone be open about how they are, and offer reasoning behind it. We ALL know there are toxic players around and there always will be, but reading forums everyone makes themselves out to be angels. This is obviously not real and acknowledging the challenge and figuring out how to fix it sounds like a good idea I think.

Absolutely agree the game needs a scoreboard. I generally play to do high damage, high elite kills etc because I enjoy seeing how high I can get. When i crossed 40k dmg in VT2 it was a glorious moment, especially as I remember starting out with VT2 doing 4k dmg (example) and seeing players who were much better than me at the time pull these huge numbers. It made me focus on doing better and being a better help to the team, to the point where I could carry if the need arose. I enjoyed this and had fun, and never got upset at those who did less damage/specials/elites etc.

Now I can just aimlessly walk around and look at the scenery while occasionally shooting some elites and there doesn’t feel like there’s a need to excel. If things get frantic and it looks like it’ll actually wipe the team I’ll get stuck in, but otherwise it just feels boring.

At the very least, give us private scoreboards and stats so we can at least track our own skill progression. Removing the scoreboard is not the way.

2 Likes

Has someone checked on this guys family?

1 Like

Why did this thread need to be revived

Why is it a coop game? Because we’re working towards a common goal. There are objectives that facilitate that role, shared objectives, meaning there is a point of comparison to be made.

You can stay a shitter if you’re going to be running a bolt gun/evis and do mediocre boss dps/elite kills or a flamethrower with poor horde kills. It’s good to see performance metrics to understand and improve instead of deal with this carebear participation award garbage.

1 Like

Fatshark, it was a mistake to give this guy attention in the first place. Ignore him, he has nothing of importance to say. Infact his entire post is just admitting he is an a*shole with anger issues.

1 Like

It’s a co-op game, not a competitive game. As far as “carebear participation award garbage”, what are you even referring to? It sounds like you want competition, which is the opposite of what the game was designed and marketed to be.

If you want to call people “shitters” and judge them, you should be playing some other game where you can act like that and be surrounded by people who think it’s cool, like Call of Duty.

3 Likes

Removing the scoreboard is simply a woke move, you’re not allowed to be a better player than others, it’s exclusionary. Everyone is equally good when you finish the mission, even though I don’t need a scoreboard to tell the guy going down 6-8 times a mission is someone I won’t want to play with again.

In my 1500 hours of Vermintide 2 I have not met a single person who was bringing up their green circles after a match, I’ve met around 3 toxic people in there and they were all insufferable while in the game. The demand for toxicity is much higher than the supply, so a loud minority makes up fake scenarios and/or call everything toxic.

At the core of any game is challenge, a challenge will upset people, games are an outlet for players to vent and banter. Lately this bantering has been labeled as “toxicity” and games have been gradually removing any and all human interactions from every community. At some point we will be just playing with bots, and then the miserable people who couldn’t stand the idea of a scoreboard (that is essentially a mirror shoved in their face) will finally be happy. They can play a coop game however they want, they won’t have to improve, or reflect, or be better, because there simply won’t be any way to call them out, just like when you play with bots. If it’s a win, it’s a win, and they get equal credit.

They don’t care that some classes are more geared towards dealing dmg, or horde clearing, or special killing, or being tanky, all they see is green circles. So in that way, who’s obsessed with green circles? Me, or someone who’s malding about them because they know very well it means something within a specific context. Some classes are expected to preform better in certain areas, it is valuable feedback to know if you have fulfilled that purpose.

Once again, 1500 hours of Vermintide 2, not a single person has ever said anything to me or anyone related to the scoreboard or green circles. Makes me wonder where is all this toxicity coming from, because I sure don’t see any. But what I see is players, who decide to play a coop game, then get told to fulfill their responsibility as their class, and get offended and spread misinformation about toxicity.
Stop believing these people Fatshark.

2 Likes

Mostly because the match is done, people are toxic because they fail not because they pass even if it’s the bare minimum. If it’s any flaming or toxicity it’s because retardsrunning around mid-game doing stupid shitor something a person is so worthless you can tell after the first pack and you leave not wanting to waste effort talking to the subhuman.

Yeah. . .I’d just mute OP and move on.

Realest comment here.

I think we can end the thread here. Good stuff.

1 Like

There, you said it, you don’t need a scoreboard. Why do you want one?

So the scoreboard allows you to be a “better player”?

1 Like

Ugh, life tip, get help before that gets worst. Video games are toys, pure and simple, stop flipping out over something so inconsequential. You sound like my brother, half of the stuff in his room is broken because he might lag for a brief second in league. Chair, keyboard, mirror, controllers, mouse, tv, monitor, bed frame, desk. All of it cracked, or constantly replaced or shattered. News flash, it’s embarrassing.

There is literally nothing you can say that will convince me that you had a good reason for insulting someone or screaming your head over what is literally a toy. Games are toys, not life, It’s a game, it has no bearing on your life, at all. you are responsible for your actions and you are letting a toy dictate and control those reactions, that is how a child responds because they don’t understand emotions or how to process them.

You talk about your non control over yourself like you are proud of it, likes it “just who i am”. But I’m going to say this plainly so you don’t try to dance around it. It’s embarrassing, its juvenile, its immature, its unjustifiable, games are toys. stop.

Get. Help.

2 Likes

Whoosh