Hotfix #11 (1.0.36)

Rejects!

Here are the notes for Hotfix 1.0.36 which just went live on Steam, and will follow shortly on the Microsoft Store.

• Improved logging to help us identify reasons for cases of players being disconnected unexpectedly.

• Revert of changes from Patch #5 to the Bull Butcher Mk III Cleaver and human Combat Axes.

10 Likes

So now a heavy attack does less damages than a light one??
that’s silly (not at home cannot check this)

Yes, now the BB and axes will be able to damage maniacs properly again. :+1:

2 Likes

buffing heavy attacks would have simply been immeasurably complex

2 Likes

You’re right… changing one value is sooooooo complex.
Seriously, I really think this is a bad move here.
An heavy attack should always do more damages than a light one.

I say it, I had no problem with this fix (and I use combat axe all the time on my veteran and zealot that are the chars with who I play 90% of the time)

1 Like

On an antax 5 this is true. the bull butcher I think is fine under the old (and new) number, its heavy is more damaging but less efficient at damaging maniacs, who tend to be fleshy, and I can believe more light cuts hurts them more than one big heavy cut.

I also think there is value in weapons where the heavy does less damage than the light. there were weapons in vermintide 2 where the light was a highly damaging stab or overhead, and the heavy was a less damaging more staggering and cleaving sweep, and they were fun to play with. That being said, damage values on the antax V at the moment are definitely counterintuitive based on the animations, the big 2 handed overhead doing relatively little damage

3 Likes

I always saw the heavies as anti armor and it worked well. On Carapace especially you must use heavies, plus it has more stagger.

3 Likes

I fin it a cool interaction that could be used more.

1 Like

Heavy used to be excellent for staggering maniacs too. Didn’t kill them fast, unlike lights, but could stagger them to eternity and back. :point_down:

Speaking for myself, fixes to weapons like this were fine, it was obviously not intended and now they’re putting it back?

1 Like

I seriously want to hear Fatshark on this… Why did they reverted the fix to reintroduce a bug?
What is the explanation???

1 Like

They fixed the wrong thing. The heavies were “broken”, not the lights.

LOL… they should have fixed, with this hotfix, the light… and the heavy…

1 Like

Fun fact: In Vermintide 2 there are two weapons that have had one of their attacks broken for over 2 years and Fatshark never fixed them despite reports. For whatever reason FS sometimes decides not to fix these things that should be simple to fix.

1 Like

Yeah and I think its pretty funny the level of CA and BB overuse (because they pull the rug out of the rest of the Marks in their category completely) led to this. Meanwhile us Ogryn shovel users have had the punch that makes this weapon worth using broken against one of the heaviest targets in the game you’d actually want to use it on, for 2 months. Where was our hotfix?

1 Like

I don’t disagree the heavies should have been buffed but even for light attacks the DPS post “fix” was anomalously low. BB at very least deserved the light damage reversion. Antax was also taken unreasonably low on lights but probably could have afforded to have only been reverted part if the way of the heavies had been buffed against maniacs.

1 Like

What weapons from Vermintide are broken? Duel Daggers on Shade?

Brettonian Sword & Shield’s push attack
Kruber’s Spear & Shield’s heavy 2

Halberd also right?

Awesome. Thank you. Using heavies for the Ogryns and lights for everything else feels fine, at least on the Combat Axe. Not every weapon needs to abide by the same rules.