Hotfix #9 (1.0.31+)

I might have some trouble understanding you here, but just to be sure, the blessing you are extracting aren’t one use only. So once you have a particulare blessing, you can apply it to as many copy of a weapon type as you wish.

1 Like

only within a given weapon type. Blessings extracted from headhunter auto guns can only be applied to other headhunter auto guns, even if another class of weapon has a blessing with the same name.

Will there be an update to fix the emote wheel mouse sensitivity (I’m only able to select the first two emotes with my mouse)? Also please let us keybind it to something other than space bar lol

Not a fan of CommanderJ, but he is absolutely right here. Post patch the Psyker is much harder to play, if you bring a standard melee weapon. The quelling speed will come to a crawling halt.
Yes it’s still managable, in the same way that a pro can make an Ogre Shield build look good. That’s only because a good player can technically speaking make anything work. As it stands the Psyker is almost down to the point that he’s a burden now - Because he is supposedly a glass cannon, but lacks the cannon part.
He’s only glass now. A glass that’s half-empty.

The way I currently see it, the meta is
Sharpshooter > Shouty > Brogryn > … > Psyker

5 Likes

This is ONLY true if we’re talking about bringing a non-force melee weapon (or worse, two non-force weapons). I totally agree that both of these builds should remain viable, and the non-force passive quell change should be rolled back, or else Psyker is truly a neglected class where “82.5%” of their weapons really aren’t even viable, as many have said.

HOWEVER, I JUST carried a Damnation Hi-Intensity last night, regularly survived, even thrived while on my own when the team was down or when I split to hunt down specials. I barely even got to heal since the other psyker kept taking unneccesary damage. I ran a deflector force sword and warp flurry purgatus staff. This build is STRONG.

If we’re going by strongest build available to each class, I have to say the meta is:
Tier 1: Psyker and Zealot Tie
Tier 2: Veteran
Tier 3: Ogryn

I’m not sure why the mainstream is so set on calling Psyker trash. It isn’t. There’s just barely any freedom to play something besides what’s strong.

1 Like

You might be the guy I talked about who can make anything look good.
If you excel that much as a Psyker to the point of being the main carry in a Damnation run, you’d have absolutely taken charge of the situation with every other class.

Rest assured, the Psyker is definitely not Top Tier compared to the others. He is too squishy while doing the same job any of the others could.

2 Likes

I actually screwed up the percentage when I did the math. The actual percentage is slightly higher: 85.29%

2 Likes

Did it avoid making psyker OP?

Did it make psyker more fun to play?

If the answer to these two are “YES” then definitely they should revert the change. It would be a no brainer. But then again fatshark also has no brain these days…

It wasn’t even close to active quelling with a good quell speed staff. If you just cared about staff/BB uptime you always should have been active quelling. I can see the point that passive quell might have been a bit too quick before (again though you’re dead wrong if you think it was close to active quelling) but the amount it’s been slowed down by is incredibly dramatic. Surely there’s a more health middle ground we could achieve.

I think it’s a real shame, it was interesting having a core mechanic difference between force and non force weapons that could help push towards different playstyles and in particular make guns a slightly more appealing option than they otherwise would be. Can you still play non force sword Psyker and do well? Absolutely. Has it lost a bit of its flavour and “battle mage” feeling? Also absolutely.

1 Like

Dev frames are still live and equipable as of 2 minutes ago.

So let me get this straight: when the game launched toughness was completely broken on launch day, yet it took a whole 3 days for a fix, meanwhile dev frames were leaked and now all of a sudden there is an instant hotfix… that didn’t even do it’s job.

Maybe you should give the frame to everyone as an apology for this roller coaster of a beta test…

1 Like

Switching character while in a party removes you from the party. Pls fix

1 Like

I think everyone is ignoring the elephant in the room that was the actual cause for the passive quell changes. Tanking anything with Kinetic Deflection and the passive quell on non-force weapons. Its was absolutely busted, allowing psykers to tank nearly anything indefinitely. I would be okay with reintroducing passive quelling as part of a feat (possibly Mind in motion) to accommodate different playstyles as everyone is mentioning above, while also removing broken mechanics like tanking any boss without effort.