Hotfix 1.0.23

Rejects!

We just released 1.0.23 to fix a couple of issues found in yesterdays patch. We also just wanted to address some questions that have arisen regarding the EULA.

EULA
Today you may find yourselves being faced with the EULA once more when launching Darktide. The content of the EULA remains the same as the EULA previously presented at launch, however we made improvements to the formatting to make it easier to read, and corrected the out-of-date page title which erroneously referenced the pre-release test period. Apologies for the confusion.

Now onto the Hotfix notes!

Here are the hotfix notes:

• Fixed an issue that caused the suppression screen effects to conflict with the Psyker’s when at high peril
  • Tweaked the suppression effect to be less intrusive. This should be most noticeable when playing on higher difficulties where you are often suppressed for long periods of time.
25 Likes

as mentioned on Reddit: did you change something in the EULA regarding the return policy?

Wow, we’re getting actual hotfixes now ? Great !

3 Likes

While i appreciate the fast response to this issue and the following hotfix, i gotta ask:

Why even have a suppression visual to begin with?

This game has to much visual clutter on the screen to begin with, you should be looking into ways to scale it down, not add more.

I mean, there is a reason for why modders of VT2 made mods to neuter the visual effects of certain abilities for that game.

1 Like

I didn’t really mind the visual because I like having it be indicated clearly ; when you’re aiming down sights and being suppressed, your accuracy is greatly reduced but you don’t have a reticle to indicate that. In the beginning I often thought to myself “Why aren’t my shots landing ? I’m ADS-ing, and yet my accuracy is crap…”

1 Like

Is this steam only so far? Can’t see anything new on xbox.

I’m sure we all appreciate quick responses and hotfixes for technical issues like this. Thanks for putting it out so quickly.

Reddit is already spreading misinformations just to fuel the hate train. Very cool.

1 Like

No, the only change was some formatting and line breaks. It is the same EULA as at launch.

The content of the EULA remains the same as the EULA previously presented at launch, however we made improvements to the formatting to make it easier to read, and corrected the out-of-date page title which erroneously referenced the pre-release test period.

4 Likes

Lovely, thanks Aqshy! Thank you for the time to clarify!

2 Likes

Thank you for starting up the dialogue with the community. I know this isn’t your first post, but obviously the higher ups have decided (almost too late) how important it is.

I look forward to continuing to read your posts!

1 Like

Can we please receive an official communication on why GamePass for PC users were left hung out to dry with pushing today’s hotfix through to your servers without time for it to clear MS certification?

Version mismatch error message on game launch.

Thanks

Can we please receive an official communication on why GamePass for PC users were left hung out to dry with pushing today’s hotfix through to your servers without time for it to clear MS certification?

This is solved and microsoft players can login now.

2 Likes

Can confirm, made it past character select screen. Thank you for working quickly. Seems like an hour or less.

Console postponed, as stated in the apology letter.

Was referring to windows, not console. As you see above, that was sorted, but they seem to prefer to call it gamepass I guess.

1 Like

I’d straight up get rid of suppression on players while they have toughness left but I guess actual game changes are coming later.

1 Like

Prior to the 22 patch I never saw the suppression screen effect ever.
Now I appreciate knowing when it occurs.
It’s not demanding or cluttering to the screenspace imo.

Looking forward to more fixes! And moreso to roadmap!

Its pretty good after this hotfix, before the hotfix it was like a permanent oil smear on your screen whenever you played higher difficulties where the suppression is more prevalent.

You mostly would not notice it to much on malice and below due to the smaller amount of gunner mobs spawning, but when you have gunners spawning in groups of 5 with a reaper or two thrown in on damnation, it was pretty bad.

And not to sound like a prick, but I dont really need black borders to start creeping in on the sides of my screen to know when im being shot at.