Hotfix #4 (1.0.21)

Please Revert the slide-cancel changes. That was so much fun and the game is just not as good bc it’s gone. It added a lot of fun movement tech.

Eh, somewhat true. 2/3 of my premade crew are gone due to it being an incomplete game. The longer the delay on features that should have been at launch, the more the active number of players will drop. Combine that with Steam ratings and getting fresh blood will be difficult.

Not saying they shouldn’t take a break. Devs deserve their Holiday and time with family, as well as mental health. But likewise FS shouldn’t have rush-released the game right before Christmas, especially with the feedback that was coming out of the Beta.

1 Like

Did I mention content at any point in my post?

It’s a sorely disappointing hotfix in the bugfixing department.

I’m pretty active on the bugs section of these forums, and several bugs have been around since beta, and if VT is anything to go by, they will still be here in a year.

No, this is not a good hotfix given the state of the game, and I’m talking bugs only.

Do you know, one of the lvl 30 talents from sharpshooter has been bugged and working on and off since release, just as an example.

4 Likes

Loving the Greataxe speed changes as well. Actually viable now.

1 Like

When people are accusing YOU of being unrealistic or entitled I start to lose hope in the community because you’ve been more then fair lol. A lot better tempered then me.

You still expect that hotfix = all current bugs disappear?
It’s a huge amount of work sifting through code and finding the cause of each and every one, I don’t know what you expect them as a team to do, you’re more than ready to criticize their performance, so what do you suggest they do differently?
Hire more people? Work nights and weekends? Block the game and keep everyone who bought it from playing until it works how you think it should?
Every class has bugs, ogryns attack speed on ulti only works on a couple melee weapons, they’re doing the best they can…

WOW no fix for the class breaking psyker bug?

The quelling issue? I believe this actually made it in, just unlisted.

4 Likes

I know your type, there’s no point arguing.

You just blow everything out of proportion to dismiss the points the other makes, enjoy talking to the wind.

2 Likes

if it is, you should list it. Considering it majorly effects 25% of the classes in the game.

2 Likes

Happy holidays to all the teams at fatshark.
Will we hear of the weapons crafting in january and if the weapon attachments is dead for good ?

I’ve just scrolled through this and people are complaining about no new content? the game is 3 weeks old guys, you can’t expect everything on a silver platter. This hotfix is just the start. I get people are still experiencing problems but as someone said before, the publishers are the ones who are forcing the devs to work on other things rather than the more serious stuff. I don’t blame the devs one bit they are trying their damndest to fix this game for everyone but you need to learn patience. While I’ve not been able to play the game for nearly a week now because of patch 1.0.20, I’m still gonna be patient until they can fully fix the game.

1 Like

I have done everything possible to get the game work. I played the beta and no problem.
After I got the new GPU it crashes. I can run games like Cyberpunk 2077 on max.

so crafting system not fully released yet. And I doubt they will do much during the holidays.

What a disappointment. Im curious what the COMPLETED crafting system they yanked out was. They keep saying it was bad but… since we dont know what it was… Fatshark knows better obviously right.

Wish I could refund this game.

We had two full teams at release, now we can’t get one full strike team to play among friends… Thanks for the crafting system mostly (besides the lacking incentive to run higher difficulties… No improving loot chest tiers or anything besides some increase in craft mats and somewhat redundant gold?) - people feel no motivation to monitor the shop every hour for 0.1-something chance to get top rating weapons and then play RNG with like 10% chance to get needed blessings and perks.
Way to go.

For me, it isn’t about the money per se. $40 isn’t a trivial amount of money, but it’s not like I’m not getting value out of it.

Rather, for me (and I think others in the community would agree) the “burden” for being in the this situation and the lack of dev’s owning up to it is a mental burden stemming from “hopes being dashed”. My investment in the 'Tide series and enthusiasm for Darktide is rooted in wanting to play a game I can fully love and play for hundreds or thousands of hours (and i’ll by DLC along the way if that’s the case). I want to love this game fully. Right now, the core gameplay during missions is solid and engrossing, but the rest of it is such a source of angst and frustration that it drags the whole experience down.

Our frustrations are also rooted in us WANTING THE GAME TO BE SUCCESSFUL. It sucks seeing the player numbers dropping so hard already. The player numbers should be going UP not down! Deep Rock Galactic numbers are going up over time, not down. The faults with this launch become apparent pretty quick past the first dozen hours and most people just won’t even bother to care. The rest of us still here CARE - and the lack of communication frankly just HURTS.

Your fans feel like they are getting ghosted.

8 Likes

I am crashing constantly ive got a 3080ti and a Ryzen 93900X, All low settings, no RT, capped to 60 fps. Its got worse with the hotfix that just dropped but before it was still pretty bad just come from a mission it crashed 4 times not even half way through and ive just given up with it, and this game for awhile.

Thanks for the update! Hope you all have a nice break.

1 Like

Why are Scriptures and Grimoires secondary objectives within a given mission and not within the level by default like how Vermintide 2 was?

Same reason why we can’t select missions: To waste your time so you keep playing to increase metrics. If you could do everything right away by selecting, people would realize how little content there actually is.

3 Likes