Hotfix #4 (1.0.21)

:confused:

New lightning VFX without blinding blur would be nice :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It took me a while to formulate this without sounding too harsh.

First: This should have been way earlier. Having a health hazard in your product for this long was frankly indefensible. Good that it got fixed.
Second: I assume there will not be another content drop this month, as your devs will likely go on their deserved vacations over the holidays. When can we expect the product we paid for, and are you considering a compensation for the people you sold an incomplete and partly broken product to?

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it’s been three weeks since release, and so far, nobody from your side has really admitted how badly your company has screwed this up. I’m not trying to point fingers, but it’s reached a point where the lack of communication is almost comical.
We’re frustrated as a community. We paid money for a product we did not receive. And in the end, we are only asking that you people are honest with us, which so far, you have not been.

17 Likes

Well, psyker quell bug needs to be fixed ASAP.

It’s not devs that are screwing this up. It’s their producers (the ones managing timelines and dev sprints). They’re under pressure from investors, and essentially the producers said go to market with half-baked cookies.

Wait, that’s not right, even I enjoy half-baked cookies.

2 Likes

I wonder when we will receive remaining craft mechanics, Aren’t they were promisedl in December?

No. You’ll get them when you get them. Given that FS probably realized the approach they were going to take toward crafting was bad, they’re probably starting over from scratch and can’t properly estimate it well enough to give us a projection.

1 Like

That’s why I said the devs deserve their holidays, because they definitely do. The problem isn’t the devs, they clearly care about the game. You can tell by just looking at it. My question was more directed at the people responsible than it was at the developers, although if they’d chime in to shed some light as to what is the problem, that would of course be welcome too. As for them starting from scratch: They should communicate that. You’ll get them when you get them is not tolerable when you already paid for what you’ll get.

5 Likes

Indeed, the devs are clearly not the one to blame here. They gave us an ungodly amount of updates in rapid succession for several weeks already

It’s clear that they are working like hell to deliver everything they can. I am disappointed at the decision making and the poor priorities made by the people on top of them, not the dev team themselves

3 Likes

How is the approach to crafting bad ? Can you elaborate ?
I mean we haven’t seen it in its entirety yet.
If your claim is based on the single perk re-roll, then I’d say it is the loot/rewards system +rng store that is currently broken. If we get enough rewards, single perk re-roll is not really any obstacle for anyone to chase their “god-rolls”.
I am not sure how much you know about blessing upgrade/transfer, I do not know much beside what FS wrote in a devblog personally, but to me it seems pretty reasonable.

1 Like

But it wasnt the community that assumed we’d get more content in December. It was Fatshark who said we’d get the rest of the crafting system, gradually, over the course of the month. That was after they’d said that the missing weapons and content would be dripfed over the course of the “beta,” even though - just like then - we’re getting one partial content drop, some hotfixes, and then nothing.

If I say I’m gonna pay you before the end of the month, and we’re getting closer and closer to January, and every time you ask me about the money I just straight up ghost you, you’re right to be frustrated and hold me accountable.

2 Likes

This. It was stated in the post during Preorder Beta:

In closing, we hope you enjoyed this look into Darktide’s crafting system. We are excited to bring you the rest of the crafting features, which we’ll gradually be rolling out throughout December. And we look forward to building upon this system in the future.

I’d look forward to them actually keeping up their word for once.

In b4 they edit the blogpost again to remove that sentence. Should I maybe have taken a screenshot instead lol?

8 Likes

I would give them a pass on this and be more understanding of the issues the game is going through if it was not for the fact that we already did this little song and dance with VT2.

1 Like

I wonder how long it will take til the day when i see that they finally fixed “GPU related crashes”. It’s been 5 weeks since EA beta and i keep crashing in missions constantly. I tried all they proposed and nothing worked. Tho i’m sure that i’ll see a lot of new skins for characters in shop in a waiting period of time, that’s surely more important than game stability.

1 Like

Man… this is underwhelming.

Back to Elden Ring for another week I suppose.

2 Likes

I was going to post this exact thing. The game still crashes constantly, when is the fix for that? Nothing else matters if the game is not even stable.

I appreciate the hard work and hope we get news for any pre and post holiday plans cuz obviously they need it theyre feckin grinding their asses out for us…

1 Like

Thanks for the Hotfix chaps…
Looking forward to some meaty updates - “Do NOT fail the Emperor !”

2 Likes

Thanks for the update! Have a great Christmas!

1 Like

Not an update, dood.

“In closing, we hope you enjoyed this look into Darktide’s crafting system. We are excited to bring you the rest of the crafting features, which we’ll gradually be rolling out throughout December. And we look forward to building upon this system in the future.”

To be fair, that sentence does not imply it will not continue to gradually be rolled out over january and february as well :smile:

We know they’re working their @$$es off to get this project they’ve slaved over for years now in a favorable light, I hope they don’t burn out, and take the time they need to enjoy the holidays with their families.
Darktide will still be there come new year, and so will everyone who bought it already, salty or not.