Hosting crashes the entire computer

Issue Summary:
When hosting games in Vermintide 2, occasionally (typically around 30 mins - 1 hour into playing while hosting) the entire computer crashes and reboots. I have played tens of hours, including up to 6 hours straight on multiple occasions, with the same setup and the same characters without ever crashing as a client. No other games crash, either, and I have run extensive CPU and GPU burn tests (even simultaneously) without any signs of instability. Monitoring temperatures during gameplay shows nothing of concern. Only Vermintide 2 crashes and only when hosting.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Host multiple games
  2. Play for some time

Reproduction Rate (Choose One):
Often (< 75%)

Additional Information:

DxDiag.txt (87.2 KB)

console-2018-11-29-20.04.08-DCBD6C26-AA0A-445F-A80F-8BA2.log (2.9 MB)

Vermintide 2 should never be able to directly crash your PC, but it can highlight instabilities in components due to it’s demanding nature. Perhaps try running the Windows Memory Diagnostic.

Hi, I agree that Vermintide 2 should not be able to crash the PC, and it is probable that the crash itself happens due to some underlying problem (e.g., in drivers or hardware). However, there is definitely something about Vermintide 2 that triggers this, that I’m unable to trigger with any other software. (I have run Windows Memory Diagnostic with no issues, I have run 10 hours of Furmark + OCCT with no issues, etc.)

Further experimentation leads me to believe that Vermintide 2 might have some kind of resource leak that gets reset only when you switch to a different group. Hosting multiple games for the same group eventually always crashes, but playing random games (quick play) with different groups never does. I also have a feeling it might be related to fire effects with particle effects set to extreme, because it seems like having Sienna and/or Stormfiends during large hordes could be related to the crashing.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.