Franz Lohner's Chronicles

1 Like

Bathing a cat without getting scratched to hell is quite a feat!

1 Like

That’s what the armour is for. Impractical… pah, this just shows the witch is wrong yet again.

1 Like

Lohner’s back!

“Fortunately, however long we’ve been here now – the days do tend to blur a bit, don’t they?”
Finally a reference to the weird - for the U5 - passing of time (we’ve been getting seasonal posts, but it can’t have been that long for our heroes, because, well, it’s the End Times).

1 Like

Sweet introduction to the new mode and progress on the story of the Citadel, I guess. I wonder if we’ll see new maps, that’d be amazing.

1 Like
2 Likes

Oh, man, that was amazing :heartbeat:
I’m so glad to see the dark vibes are back and they didn’t forget the story premises they set for CW a year ago. I can’t wait to hear more - and hopefully play more. I wonder what form the rest of the story will take.

1 Like

I forgot to check in on Friday. My bad. I blame ARK going free to keep.

2 Likes

Those last two sentences carry a lot of weight.

2 Likes

Kruber needs a Towering Pillar of Hats.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what to think of this one, if I’m honest.

1 Like

Dreams of being a furry are nightmares indeed!

1 Like

Didn’t Saltzpyre have an interaction in which he thought Sienna should return to the College? Maybe he only meant after they were done killing ratmen, if ever there were such a thing.

1 Like

Well it’s quite appropriate that he’s ambivalent towards women.

Would you care to elaborate?

Sure. There’s a few lines in VT1 where Sienna mentions how Saltzpyre’s uncomfortable with women, going as far as suggesting that discomfort is of a sexual nature. IIRC she thinks he’s not bothered about her being a witch as much as being a woman, and in another line when he says something about her duplicitous face she replies “if I thought my face was what’s bothering you, I’d wear a hood”.
I think this is quite beautifully done, especially thinking how much witch hunters avoid trust and temptations.

On top of this, Victor has slowly realized Sienna means well, so I would not be at all surprised if he exhibits contradicting behaviours.
This goes beyond this instance, where I don’t see much of a contradiction (he’s against her leaving, as he got used to her being around and she’s quite the asset, but if he’s left to idler chatter he’d be the first to admit going back to the college is probably the wise course of action). I was just remarking that I’d not be surprised even if he’d be less coherent. There are simply at least two different voices when he’s talking about Sienna: there’s the witch hunter and then there’s the comrade in arms. Deep down somewhere there’s probably Victor the man, but his feelings (of whatever nature they are) probably don’t surface beyond glares and snorts. :heartbeat:

2 Likes

After two months, she’s ba~ack!

I find this one particularly interesting and amusing. While I’m not well-versed in WHF lore, so I don’t know if fish-men (Sahuagin?) actually exist in this universe, it’s an amusing parallel with how the Empire denounces the existence of rat-men. Then we have a reference to “Ratmar” (Ratechism), which is funny, yet odd that it’s Victor as Warrior Priest doing something for his Zealot self (Damn you Tzeentch!). Lastly, poor Markus is going to get some undeserved ire thanks to Olesya being a rapscallion.

1 Like
1 Like

"before anyone could explain it was due to his newly bushy rear. "
Fatshark, this needs to be a cosmetic, like yesterday.

Kruber always draws the short straw, doesn’t he? I was half-expecting something about paint brushes from this post, but perhaps paint brushes aren’t a “breakfast item.” Anyway, it sounds as if we may get more news of Sofia in a week or two.