First game of the day is usually glitched AF

crashify://6771650b-0380-44c9-b48d-a92112533f35

Issue Summary:
Most days when I start V2 and join a game, it’s super broken for me. I can’t shoot anything, can’t hit anything, can’t block anything - my attacks and blocks just ghost through enemies. However they have no problem hitting me, so I just get murderlated in short order. Typically I just leave the game and join another one and it’s fine after that.

Today I tried to leave the game and it locked up my PC. Couldn’t even alt-tab or ctrl-alt-del, just frozen on a “leaving game” loading screen. I figured out that I could still open task manager and other programs (just not see them) so I was able to kill the game process by opening command prompt and running “taskkill /f /im vermintide2.exe”. I’m guessing most people don’t know how to do that and would have to force shut down at that point.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Be me, decide to stab some rats
  2. Join a game
  3. Get rekt

Reproduction Rate (Choose One):
Often (< 75%)

Additional Information:

The glitchy first game is very common for me. I would say the locked up game happens once every week or so.

[Attach a Screenshot and/or Video Evidence]
(Screenshots and/or video evidence (if applicable) can be particularly helpful. To upload, click the ‘Upload’ icon within the post controls.)

ON PC:

[Attach Your DxDiag]
DxDiag.txt (82.1 KB)

[Attach Your Session Console Log]
console-2019-01-19-05.05.50-73DCDB73-5456-4C22-9F0B-3773.log (2.5 MB)

1 Like

But you do have a bad PC… you posted your specs which barely break the minimum requirements. And you even stated somewhere that you have to get someone else to host the game due to your PC. You can’t even record while playing… if you have a good PC, I must work for NASA.

@Flinlock do you use the player list plus mod?

2 Likes

I have a nice PC, a crappy connection, but I don’t have this issue.

P.S. I thought Shella left this community for good (again).

2 Likes

Could you try disabling your mods and let me know whether the same issue occurs?

1 Like

I do have the player list plus mod, not that it ever works at all… it only ever shows me my stuff in the overlay xD

@FatsharkJulia I will do some experimenting with disabling mods and see how that goes

Because most people don’t use it, due to the fact it causes the exact same bugs you’re reporting xD Hopefully that was the problem and not some unknown factor.

I am happy to report that disabling “player list plus” mod took care of the problem and all is well

2 Likes

When ever I hear of anything similar to what you described, I automatically think it’s the player list plus mod. That thing has been broken since day 1 of it being approved. Glad that solved the problem.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.