Engineer's career missions (are bad)

Same for the finale of Hunger in the Dark, etc…

Ive seen a very misleading reddit post saying you need friends or hyper twitch mode which was complete BS i did all of these challenges with just bots and deeds without having to ruin others games or ask for help.

Also dissapointed that the gears on the portrait are not animated what a let down.

Yeah, I also did everything solo. A friend is probably useful for finishing some of the challenges faster, and Twitch mode definitely helps with the more intricate challenges, such as the monster-elite-special triple kill. Still, with patience and perseverance, everything is doable with bots, even to a middling skill player like me.

The biggest frustration comes from bots.

After about 3 hours I got it in Twitch with a boss + Tzeentchian Twins + Strength Pot on Screaming Bell. Oy vey.

1 Like

Congrats!

Good to note: I killed 2 leaches and a rat ogre in 1 crank gun activation, and it gave me the challenge. so it’s really easy to trigger in against the grain with twitch. just wait at the barn until a group of specials pop up. Trigger the boss and go berserk

What’s a good strategy to making a Roger jump as solo with bots? I find that harder to set up than Monster / Elite / Special was. Bots just keep him in place.

1 Like

Someone said to me Screaming Bell using the pit. But I killed the Ogre from the other side of the pit with my ranged arsenal and he didn’t bother to drop the aggro on the bots at all.

In another try, he still took the scenic route after my last bot died.

I don’t think there is a reliable way to get this triggered. Generally, you would need a switch in aggro. And a difficult/fast to reach location?

Play champion on screaming bell reach bell part before you break the final chain kill bots run around the pit and kite him while holding a bomb and throw it at him when he jumps afterwards kill him and rez bots or just run to the exit

2 Likes

That Ogre Rat that never jump already was an issue with the “normal” challenge…

3 Likes

Yup, this is how I did it too. I think I needed to do like 5 runs of Screaming Bell before the stars finally aligned, though. What worked for me was keeping one of my bots alive through the event at low health. Valiant Krubah was slammed down by Roger on the other side of the pit, and once he switched aggro to me, he did the jump.

Be warned that you really need to have the bomb ready (preferably already held back for the throw), as the window of opportunity is quite small.

1 Like

Okay, whoever came up with the jumping Roger challenges should not be allowed to design challenges ever again. Tried a few times this evening and I don’t think I’ve ever been as frustrated with this game since it was released.

6 Likes

It’d be fine with rat ogres actually used their leaping attacks. Should really update them to implement/fix that.

5 Likes

Yep, that’s not a challenge mistake here but a rat ogre which should jump more often and does not.

3 Likes

Same, and this is the only Engi challenge I have not finished yet.
I’m right there, I can smell the Grand Cog frame, but Mr Roger just wont jump.

1 Like

I still haven’t gotten the Incoming challenge from 2018 because of how low of a chance roger jumps.

I would pay $15 to get the roger from V1 added here because at least he had specific triggers for his attacks and jumps.

The only ones I’m missing are the 1000 headshots, the 200 cliffings, the 20 barrel kills, and the monster/elite/special in single gun activation. I got the roger leap bomb interception out of luck, but still before all those…

For the cliffings one: I got that in a single game on into the nest as I camped out at the spot of the second tome. Just wait for a horde, and push the ratties off the ledge as they come around the corner. Killed off 2 of my bots before, but kept Handmaiden bot around for the stamina regen bonus.

EDIT:
While we’re on the topic: For those that still need pistol headshots: If you crouch and don’t move, the pistol’s accuracy becomes impressive. Only found that out accidentally when I tried to shoot something through a fence. And if you still need the “20” consecutive headshots on Elites: Those are indeed in reality only 5. “Easy” way to get them is to play Empire in Flames on Legend and shoot one of the CWs standing in the very first area 5 times in the face. Reload if you don’t get it and try until you do, then just finish the map.

And does anybody got a good tip for the bomb on distant Ratling Gunner one?

1 Like

I didn’t even realise when I’d done the cliffings one - I just loved to shoot the here and there when they climb. I think you can do it in a single Skittergate run.