Elf melee thoughts, mainly Handmaiden

So far its not the reason to use spear. Attack speed with block stab is lower due to stamina regen, you can be screwed by one shielded marauder, and there’s a chance that when enemies will reach you, you will no longer able to push stab cause of 0 stamina.

Slayer works out because he is completely melee it becomes a benefit between his weapons switching,¨¨

And i dont know the specifics of the other classes in legend, as it is i have seen them switch around to several weapons and i have no idea if they are affected by one thing or another.

But does everyone being bad justify another being bad? I´d rather have everyone be good and have some tangible benefits…

And while shade´s power bonus does indeed have that restriction its probably in place to give her a handicap to prevent the already extreme damage potential she has.

[quote=“birdman, post:55, topic:22095”]
Too bad if it doesn’t work there. As far as I know, it’s only problem is currently the block-cancel.

I mean, it can work, but it feels truly awkward to use it at times, for a weapon supposedly dedicated to clearing weaker enemies in front its kinda strange that the cleave hitbox is kinda worse than the glaive even if the attackspeed is indeed better.

Again, i´d rather not have everyone sit on 1 option, that becomes hella stale really quick.

Just because the majority is sitting in sheit does not make things good, fair maybe, but not good, no one would be happy having to endure it.

And she is weak, having been balanced around kiting around with the spear and never taking any solid hits she is extremely unreliable for a frontline, she is prone to getting downed by specials and elites in melee and even basic skaven with shields are hard to handle.

She has to use her F just to handle 2-3 rotblood mobs with shields, and again, her anti stormvermin, packmaster, shieldvermin and chaos warrior are all so weak.

So you´d naturally go glaive instead because it doesnt have so many issue´s, but then you still have the issue of being a frontline that relies on running away and can only shine if the rest of the team has gone down or found themselves helpless.

If she is ever going to be a thing she needs to needs less hits to kill things in melee range, better anti shield on the spear and honestly, a damage reduction or powerful stagger like the others almost all have wouldnt hurt either.

Until that comes she will never truly be a good option in comparison to the others and picking her is the same as making things difficult for your own team members on purpose.

1 Like

I can clear an oncoming horde by myself as shade… She is awesome at clearing horde…

holy necro batman!

depends what setup you are using. but yea generally elf weapons can take hordes quite well.

I wrote that back in April, bud. Patches have made her significantly better at hordes.