Easy anti-cheat is detecting tablet drivers and crashing the game

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
crashing due to easy anti-cheat error.
Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. start game
    2.load up any character
    3.during loading screen game CTDs and gives an easy anti-cheat error reading “Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\wintab32.dll)”
    note: the file is a driver for walcom drawing tablets

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
(Steam Community :: ProRandus)]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[11/77/2022, 06:27PM] [EST]

Reproduction Rate:
100%
console-2022-11-17-23.23.34-1d2aaf90-d22e-4872-8b2b-9a5f6e788f3e.log (38.2 KB)

Upload Console Log:

1 Like

Hmmm! Are you able to PM me a copy of the “problematic” DLL?

GUID: a0003f76-b94e-46aa-aa11-4b6247b67df0
[Crash Link]:
crashify://a0003f76-b94e-46aa-aa11-4b6247b67df0

Same issue here. Sadly can’t upload a file due to work PC restrictions.

Same issue here, EAC closes the game due to wintab32.dll (Drawing tablet software)

Please PM the file to FatsharkJuila so they can submit the files to EAC for whitelisting

any eta on this? i havent been able to load into the morningstar once today
was fine before yesterdays patch

Have also experienced this issue, just having purchased the game through steam and downloaded today. Error that comes up is done through a windows pop-up toast and goes away after a few seconds, no record of it. Managed to screenshot

This also is exactly the same thing that was happening to someone playing Vermintide 2 last year who reported the error.

Unsure what happened to resolve that as the thread is closed, but I’m also running Vermintide 2 and this has not cropped up at all.
GUID: 299f2d0b-e83e-49ab-922c-da45ad035907
Log File:
Info Type:

This is also happening to me, seemingly at random, and I too having a drawing tablet. It doesn’t even have to be plugged in to trigger this.

Happening to me as well.
game quickly closes after EAC is launched with the “Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\WinTab32.dll)” Error. I am not sure If the problematic dll was sent but im happy to provide mine.

This happened to me on the first boot after the game officially launched, but it didn’t happen the second time. wintab32.dll, associated with huion tablet drivers, seems sporadic.

I put the request in to Easy Anti-Cheat to approve this DLL and they actioned it. If it doesn’t work after a second launch as mentioned by @PocketSand , let me know.

Still happening no matter how many times I launch it.

I just had it happen myself. I submitted the dll by email during the alpha too because it would crash CONSTANTLY from it, even if I removed the dll

Hi, I’m now getting this problem again.

I’m getting this exact issue as well. Drawing tablet. I have no way of playing the game currently.

Note: Exiting my tablet software, and removing the DLL does nothing to fix this.

I’ve been having it happen all night
GUID: 2555db13-a909-4c89-86c7-8957927c9fce
Log File:
Info Type:

Yeah I’ve had it happen at least once a match at this point. They certainly have not effectively actioned this

I’ve even tried deleting easy anti cheats registry entries so it will reinstall on launch and it still occurs

GUID: eb6f2a29-a8f7-42e2-8354-acdcb387c02c
Log File:
Info Type:

They’re getting more frequent now just like the alpha

GUID: 083c891d-882a-498d-8606-29a00d8f6aae
Log File:
Info Type:

GUID: 0ce3588e-28cc-46e4-8a08-c6b5eac49487
Log File:
Info Type:

It’s getting ridiculous at this point