Dodge nerf is most heaviest mistake that making game unfun to play

until you start playing on heresy duh

i am realy want to see how you will kill 2 crushers with knife without its dodging power now

solo? I probably won’t. I don’t have an issue with that.

If the cover mechanics are fixed, particularly friendly fire for enemies(i want this even if it means we need more enemies), I don’t think it’ll be nearly as bad as everyone is making out.

Cover clearly isn’t working as intended. Shooting through walls, hard objects not stopping damage, no crouching behind cover due to persistent full size hit-boxes, enemies shooting through each other… I’m assuming all of this is going to be addressed. Dodge was stupidly OP: with cover, it will be in a good place.

2 Likes

Suppression also doesnt work. You cant craft items with the traits you want yet.

Itd be a real shame if they balanced the highest difficulty before crafting was turned and people end up rolling it

Solution: buff sprint

2 Likes

Then laugh when you get shot to pieces and then perma staggered to death by enemy range shooting. Stagger when you get hit by range has got to be on of the silliest ideas.

1 Like

Sorry is dash sliding not just sprint → crouch? How does that relate to dodging exactly?

Dash sliding is that. If you’re asking how that relates to dodging its distance. Dash sliding distance is drastically reduced. I think its like 50% for knife at the very least. Then you also got to account for the new “lag” between every dodge or dash slide now. Basically dodging is just super not fluid or useful now considering enemies in this game have tracking and attack 1-2 feet away from you and then “dash” forward a little into the hit unlike in VMT 2 where they have to be next to you to really start the melee swing. But if you’re talking about my last post, I was talking about the “Solution: buff Sprint”

People that are okay with this nerf have clearly never played melee 100% of the time on heresy or higher. The dodge build is not viable now so is all the dodge weapons too… some idiotic heretics on discord arguing me that i don’t have skill if i have to use dodge, lmao how much stupid can you be to think of that. There is no way i will run behind barricades/wall after 3 dodges,block,push and repeat. We are not coward that hide, plus you won’t run far with hordes of melee and range on you that keep interrupting you

there was no problem or complaint about the dodge before… why changing it

2 Likes

Why does there always have to be some MLG PR0 G4M3R in every thread where people discuss unfun mechanic changes piping in with their hot takes about how “just shoot the enemies 4head” is the proper way to play? Like, no one actually thinks you’re a god gamer because you put up with terrible game mechanics dude, dodging feels absolutely abysmal now and it didn’t even feel great to begin with compared to VT2 due to a lack of the audio cues and the slight tilting your camera does when you dodge.

Having to hide behind cover for 60% of the match in this horde game is not what I would call fun or interactive gameplay, there’s much better FPS’ out there if that’s your style but DT shouldn’t be about cheesing the AI from cover.

11 Likes

^ literally this lol.

3 Likes

I’m always on the fence about mobility changes. I made a thread just yesterday about how a zealot was spamming dodges and killing everything while moving through the map faster than anyone else could even sprint after them. If that’s gone, I’m happy.

On the other hand, mobility is fun, so if it’s gone too far (I am yet to test it) then that’s not so great.

2 Likes

So were they literally just spamming side and back dodge to outrun you all? Was that even possible outside of dagger?

Honestly dagger dodge nerf I understand; however, dodging only felt OK with the 1h axes before, kinda worried how that’s gonna feel now.

That’s exactly what they were doing. They were using an axe.

That’s odd, I couldn’t even see dash sliding mentioned in the patch notes… Was that a stealth nerf or something?

I wish I knew what sorcery they were using. I was finding myself run out of dodge fatigue pretty damn quick with the axes. Sounds like there was something abuseable with it though not sure what or how exactly.

It’s kinda like wave dashing in Smash Bros. melee, the combination of multiple mechanics interacting in a way that turned into a movement tech. Changing any of the components in the technique (in this case the dodge movement slowdown and the reduced distance) would affect the technique.

See if knife was actually overpowered as in it actually did damage. Then yah a nerf is whatever thats fine like what happen to the revolver damage from the other beta to this one. But knife is a low damage no wave clear weapon with high mobility. When you take mobility out of it it really makes me go ??? Then they do it for every melee weapon for some reason as if blocking was even viable in this game lol.

3 Likes

Pretty sure its stealth because the dash sliding pre nerf of dodge was wayyyyy further. I’m pretty confident in saying that

1 Like

Let’s turn the game into pick-a-boo shooter.

No mobilty allowed.

No dodges allowed.

No combos allowed.

No stamina allowed.

No Fun allowed.

Only stand and shoot things and hold corridors.

Everything what made Vermintide games great /s

Game is turning ito just worse First Person Shooter (becasue there are far better ones) instead of being the best First Person Melee game that was your staple before Fatshark. Keep it going and few weeks after release people will just go to shooters that do things better since you just keep getting melee worse and worse.

6 Likes

This can not be understated at all, I noticed it immediately and its just such a massive change to the fun factor of the game

This absolutely ruins the pace of melee combat please revert this change!

7 Likes

I wasn’t complaining about a weapon specifically, it’s more the “clear the map faster than anyone else can even keep up” that I have a problem with.

Isn’t the catachan knife basically just a singular version of Elf dual-daggers from V2? Those were busted when dodge was at its strongest too, if I remember right.