Difficulty too low, game session canceled

Its been nothing but suboptimals in my limited play time.
Shame about darktide. It had so much promise. But the leadership at fatshark are far more interested in polishing their turd than digging out the gold and doubling down on what matters to the players.

Players will tolerate bugs. No one cares that the dogs fly. No one is actually going to quit the game because funny youtube compelation about flying dogs. Players will quit the game when the game doesn’t bother to address real fun sapping elements from the game like crafting locks and not being able to play missions we care about. Not having any new content. Focus on what is fun. Get rid of impediments to fun. Stop polishing, start adding.

1 Like

It’s also hard to be excited about any new mission if you only have a chance to play it at the difficulty you want to play it on when you have time to play. It astonishes me that a game with such fun core gameplay has all these systems and designs that constantly fight you just to play.

3 Likes

3 days without HI STG. Boring af.

3 Likes

It seems that in their weird map rotation system, there can never be high int gauntlet and normal gauntlet at the same time. Which means that during a week with normal gauntlet, like for instance, now, we will have to wait until the full next map rotation to have a chance to get some high intensities.

3 Likes

7mlm6j

2 Likes

To be fair, that 5 shock troops refinery delta might deserve a smiley face – “regular” shock troops can still be quite a trip. I did a 3-man run of that exact mission setup a couple days ago and it was pretty intense!

1 Like

I am watching the vid. Normal STG is a joke, it was only intense because none of you play your classes as they should be played. No problem with this on joke difficulties but it just means that the setup was inefficient, not that normal STG is hard.

Problem with normal stg is you can really see the special waves. They’re not mixed into the mileauxe as well as in hi-int. I’m not saying you can’t lose but it doesn’t really get the corpuscles moving the same way.

Oh, you have friends that still want to play this game! :upside_down_face:
Wish I could do duos/trios but mine all deserted a looong time ago… Good idea though, to keep interest in the game! Seems duos/trios are the only option to have some challenge/fun since Fatshark decided, for quite a while now, to ignore a good portion of the 500+ hours players desperately begging for High int gauntlet to be permanent :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Normal STG isn’t hard with a full 4-man group, but it’s challenging with just 3 imo. As far as whether we play our classes “as they should be played”, idk, we’re just playing in a way that’s fun for us, not trying to optimize/run meta builds/whatever. If you’re just so l33t and/or run such a strong build that 3-manning damnation STG is trivial for you… then idk, maybe try 2-manning it? That or contribute to this thread with some hand-drawn emojis displaying your sadness and frustration I guess lol

Haha, yep, playing this game is mostly just a vehicle to keep in touch with my buddies, since we don’t live close to each other any more!

Yeah I’ve been requesting this myself, I wish they would do this, but in the meantime we’ve been finding ways to amuse ourselves with the goofy selection of missions available to us. If there’s just low-intensity nonsense, then there’s not much to be done, but doing trio runs of 5 hi intensity (non-STG) or 5 regular STG is still pretty spicy, especially when we’re running off-meta builds and clowning around a bit!

2 Likes

Ouch. Same here man…all my friends 100% bailed within about 2 weeks after release. Too frustrated with fatshark’s bad delivery on crafting and content and they haven’t come back. I’m not trying to comvince them to come back until after mission difficulty selection is fixed. In my view of the three sins fatshark commited with their game it goes:

1. Content
  2. Mission difficulty selection
  3. Crafting
    In that order
1 Like

Normal shock troop is really, really not challenging at all if you are a 4 men group indeed… I wonder which one is the easiest: Normal shock troop or vanilla high intensity :thinking:

2 Likes

I think they’re pretty similar difficulties actually! If I had to judge I’d say that probably normal shock troop is slightly more challenging because of disablers etc, but tbh it’s a tossup.

2 Likes

Oh for sure. Normal STG is no substitute for hi-int STG, and it’s way too easy with a full 4-man group running metas etc. But imo if you handicap yourself a little bit (trio/duo, off-meta builds, etc) it can still be exciting. Ymmv tho, maybe all you guys are just so l33t that you buzzsaw through anything that isn’t 5 hi STG lol

1 Like

Fatshark thinks that hi intensity is harder, because it gives more ordo dockets than normal STG. I think normal STG is harder.

I might add the non functioning “social stuff”. Like, you can’t press a button to retry with the same group when a mission fails, and the broken “last mission” tab where you should be able to find people you have recently played with. Also the empty Mourningstar that should mix people from across different servers instead of what we have now… Basically, it’s impossible to meet people playing this game, unless to go to the discord. Social interactions are next to zero.

3 Likes

I like the intended 4 player variation and don’t want to trio/duo/solo, also don’t care about meta. There just clearly is a way classes are meant to be played. But in a private lobby like yours I don’t care about it, and it was not criticism just an explanation why it was intense IMO.

I’m not sure what you’re talking about if you’re not referring to meta builds etc? On that run I think we all played in a relatively straightforward manner… Perhaps there’s some core feature of zealot or vet that we’re missing? “You didn’t even activate the Fly or Drop Nuclear Bomb features!”

Having done quite a few of these, imo it feels intense b/c a regular-intensity map with a trio feels quite similar to a hi-intensity map with a full team – there are fewer spawns, but you also clear more slowly, so the overall enemy pile-up feeling ends up being similar. (The main difference is that consumables are more plentiful in trio/reg-intensity, thus it’s easier overall.)

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been agitating for them to fix this, to no avail… It would fix a lot of this game’s problems if you could just keep retrying a failed mission with the same group, or even keep the group together after a mission regardless of the outcome. I wish they’d prioritize this stuff.

1 Like

I mean the zealot preacher is a meelee class, the veteran sharpshooter is a ranged class. In the first half of the vid mostly the vet is the frontline, engaged in meelee and all of you are extremely low on ammo. After that you are low on ammo the entire game.
I see the logic in the timing when you shoot as a zealot but it will never be efficient since it is not a ranged class and you should be shooting way less.

This is what I mean not played as should be. To be fair it is mostly fatshark’s fault, because our new subclasses are nowhere to be found and those would be the only things resolving this “only way to be played well” issue.