Difficulties are not proportionate/consistant

… i don’t know what to tell you, i had an incredible weekend of champion farming and casual vet runs testing out funny unorthodox builds. the only time i wiped was when my team decided to run 2 grims on halescourge boss, and one time when i was rushing ahead but my team got hit by 2 leeches and an assassin at the same time, but that was my fault for pushing up without taking care of my group.

what class are you playing? are you paying close attention to audio cues? you need to learn to counter specials while fighting hordes, it’s very common that they jump you in the middle of one. pay attention to audio cues in detail over the screaming horde, if you hear a packmaster come, fall back to your teammates, let them take the hook and then smack the packmaster hard. every class has a way of dealing with them (except the berserker dorf, no ranged is really hard)

how’s your power level looking at also? at 520 power you do double base dmg, that’s huge. it makes a lot of difference.

Yeah, idk man. I’m finding more and more of what you guys are talking about with teammates rushing ahead. Getting tomes and not communicating what they’re doing. Stuff like that. And I get how that can wreck a game at times.
I do what I can to listen to audio queues but that alone isn’t helping as much as I’d like.

I’m maining Foot Soldier Kruber atm. Just recently broke 400 power score. Started trying champ runs @ lvl 20 with the “kills grant temp health” talent.

Are you playing with a premade? or just Quickplaying? I played with one of the guys from this forum for a while the other day and things went fine. As soon as I went back to quickplay champion runs, everything went to heck.

One of the games yesterday, we had just dropped down off a ledge in the sewers and the horde audio queue played. Straight ahead was a dead end we could only go to the right. Chaos horde came from both straight ahead and to the right, along with a rat Ogre. We were essentially smashed into the wall behind us and pounded with AoE from the Rat Ogre. I heard no audio queue of the ogre, it was drowned by the chaos horde. Even if it werent, there was nowhere for us to go.

All I can say is I’ve been able to decrease the amount I take damage to the point where when I die, it’s because we get completely overrun, and I’ve been able to (for the most part) be the last one alive. But I still fee like some of these spawns are just too ridiculous.

no, i’m playing with pugs, i has no friends in this game LOL
i have much fun playing quickplay with randoms because of the wide variety of things that can happen.

this happened to me in one of my games in the weekend, i had to try to charge through to an open area past the horde and boss. i normally have an oh-crap option in my arsenal for things like this happening: hagbane spam on elf, fireball heavy/shotgun on sienna/chargethru on kruber

i also save bombs for emergencies like these.

triggering bosses in a bad area happens a lot actually, the fun part is figuring out how to win through the scenario based upon your party’s abilities. (i admit i use them as special shields a lot)

I don’t understand how we’re having such different experiences? My last 4 champ pugs, i couldn’t keep everyone from splitting up. Everybody just wants to go away from the party for some reason or another. I kept trying to get them to stick together but it kept resulting in game loss with hordes dividing us up.

This is really frustrating as I don’t know what else to do.

it’s playstyle. i don’t enforce the party’s behavior, they do whatever they want. for the most part i push the party forward clearing the way, but if i detect a threat i will reinforce the group, which may be 2 people grouping together or just 1 dude closest to me. if people are too spread apart due to circumstances, i will try to be the middle anchor so i can assist either ends if they need help. now that you ask, it’s really hard to describe. i’m positioning myself so that my teammates can support me when i need help, but i also reposition so that i can help them when they need help similarly.

i also use my teammates as bait for more than i care to admit =P when i detect a hookrat/leech/assassin, i make sure i’m in the middle of the group so that i’m not the one who gets caught, but i am very ready to poke a hole in that special when it does its thing. this is especially the case in hordes where everyone just is trying to pump up dmg numbers and ignores the packmaster unique audio skull rattling cues.

i’ve been in a few games where everyone just spreads out like crazy, those are the hardest. but generally speaking people will learn to avoid that cos… that results in wipes.