Release Date Announcement

Today we’re happy to announce that Warhammer 40,000: Darktide will be coming to PC and Xbox Series X|S on September 13th, 2022.

The aquila-eyed amongst you will note this is later than planned. To us here at Fatshark, it’s paramount that we deliver the best 4-player co-op experience possible. That’s why we’ve decided to extend production time on Warhammer 40,000: Darktide from its previously slated Spring 2022 release to September 13th, 2022.

We’ll be sharing more exciting news and information about Darktide soon. The best way to stay up to date on all things Darktide is to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on our social media. Oh, and don’t forget to add the game to your Steam wishlist!

Watch this space!

The Darktide Team

6 Likes

I was hoping to see the 5th character but at least now we know more

Will it be bugged like vermintide releases ?

2 Likes

maybe we did see the 5th character

3 Likes

Well now to be parano and to break open the case

So we know that those are the not playable character because they share design with others (So Guardsmen)

Not playable

Those seem to be simple Inquisitorial Guardsmen

Noteworthy:

Most likely an Officer, maybe from Armageddon.
The other seem to be a woman with white hair, maybe a Sororita, she isn’t wearing any armour though so most likely not
Guy with what could be an Eyepatch
Person with both eye covered, most likely an Astropath as they often have no eyes or keep them covered to protect themself and their surrounding
We can also see another Ogryn (Not sure since it’s in the background)

Also there is one thing I don’t know what it is:

When in the wider shot in the opposition:

It’s most likely a Servitor-Bar

Well the release timing being closer to end of the year was pretty expected at this point. I just hope this means that some real dev time is being put to make sure the game comes out bug free as possible. Maybe even some proper beta testing?

5 Likes

Hate to be a party pooper but I’m not too hopeful for this game. Looking at V2 there are still major day one bugs in the game, update interval isn’t far off from Valve’s and community goes mostly unheard in terms of balancing and fixes. Might be someone else’s cup of tea, for sure, but I will probably sit this one out.

1 Like

excuse me what? you can blame many things on FS and i get it, but every balance patch ever came out as a result of community outcry’s, i mean even the latest sister nerf is a perfect testament to that, they said a balance patch wasn’t their priority, guess what happend dozens of dozens of post here in this forum that lamented the unbalanced state of SotT as the most pressing issue, and here we are she got reworked.

i mean there are hundreds of players if not thousands, that spent so many hours in this PvE game that other games can only dream of, were all of these hours flawless? no perhaps not.
but think about what you paid and what you got, i maybe paid close to 60 bucks and i aproach 3k hours, even if only half of them were amazing, its still heck of good deal, and i don’t think its fair to expect more.

so from me FS pls, make a good game i can sink just as many hours into, and don’t bother trying to make a perfect one there always some who nag.
love ya <3

3 Likes

Yeah, looks like a Steel Legion trenchcoat.

I’d be surprised if we got a playable Sororita, that’s probably(?) above the main cast’s innate power level, but maybe we’ll see some hanging around the bar - if we get more npcs in this game.

Looks like the chain weapons will feel fun.

I’m hoping for an open beta again like with VT2 so we can judge from that. I don’t preorder in general as a principle.

The only thing I’m worried about is the lack of dialogue between characters.

The functional dialogue should be fine (ammo here, meds here, variations of it, etc.)

But will we get perspective from the characters? Lore dumps?

Also I’m curious about the monetization and hope they don’t add or re-use systems from V2 that killed the vibe (re-roll mechanics anyone?)

The action segment at the end was pretty poggers ngl. Hope they fix things like horde spawns so they don’t funnel into you like hordes in V2 do at the moment.

All in all, I thank the devs for breaking the silence and wish them success on Darktide’s release

1 Like

Sisters do not wear their armor at all times, only for combat, training, or parade. But I would imagine she would have something more like robes or a habit for casual wear while out of armor.

Why are you worried about that? Darktide is being written in collaboration with Dan Abnett. Sharks had shown us that they can produce interesting and funny character dialogues. I have no doubt that the characters will be deeply written and that there will be some interesting banter going back and forth.

Amen to that!

2 Likes

Thank you for informing me, I was not aware of the talent on the writing team

I have no doubt that the content of the dialogue itself will be true to the setting, character, etc.

But I wanted to offer you another perspective regarding character dialogues. This is mostly speculation so take that what you will.

Shield wall of text

From what I gather from some of the dialogue in V2, there were conditional dialogue situations that were not programmed in (possibly due to time, or technical constraints). I don’t have any examples, and have not taken notes so would maybe have to sift through the lines to find examples on what I mean.

If FS is able to replicate the depth (combat callouts, location chatter, multiple variations of each line) of V2’s dialogue system this argument means nothing, but I’m just curious if they had bigger plans for the dialogue system and were unable to meet expectations, and content that was recorded was unable to be implemented (due to aforementioned time or technical constraints)

Again, I am just a skeptical gamer speculating on something that has not been previewed to the general public yet, gathering info from a minute long teaser that tells very little about the meat of the game.

I simply wanted to express my concern. There are various aspects of V2 that appeal to different demographics and I have confidence in FS (and co.) to deliver a product that scratches the co-op souls-lite itch (hopefully on day 1, not added in after the fact)

2 Likes

Finally some information.
Still hopes for more than 4 characters…

1 Like

Well, I’m maybe taking them for granted, but when it comes to dialogue I expect, if nothing else, then at least the level that they have achieved with V2. Or to put it simply: I expect that they will take all the good things from V2 (not just dialogue), build upon them and even expand them so that the final product will be something even better, bigger and more complex than V2. And I’m only hoping for that because, to tell you the truth, I honestly don’t care about Darktide. The only thing I care is Vermintide, and I hope that, by creating Darktide, Vermintide 3 (whenever it may come out) will be an even better game than V2 and DT.

2 Likes

Alright, enough is enough. We as a community need to stand up and riot, as this is unacceptable and unforgivable. Abruptly cutting the soundtrack in the release date trailer is indecent and obscene. I haven’t listened to something this good since the intro to Thief: The Dark Project in 1998.

1 Like

With how well it worked in VT I’d be (unpleasantly) surprised if FS dropped that for this game. The bigger question on my mind is will I like them as much as the Ü5.

I’m not sure I’d survive Pogger’s Bridge - the fifth chaos god - making a comeback however.

Ah, I see your point.

Another big problem in VT2 is the lore and character-building dialogue getting interrupted all the time - by callouts or when they tweaked the proximity detection up too high so stepping a few metres away would interrupt it already. I really hope callouts don’t interrupt it again in DT.

2 Likes

@Fatshark_Hedge I am curious what’s up with this Level Infinite company. What is their role in Darktide’s development?

2 Likes