Darktide is Mostly negative on Steam with 39% recent reviews

If you think so of course.

And don´t get me wrong, i´m not talking about your review, i talk about the reviews in general. A lot are nonsense or the steam review feature just gets abused to vent aswell, instead of rating the game and its available features.

Reviews aren’t ratings. Aggregating reviews gives you a rating.

The question is “Would you recommend this game?” I can recommend a game or not based on current state of the game vs what was promised. When I do a quick spot check of the negative reviews, I don’t see these “nonsense” reviews or abusive ones.

Please stop making strawmen arguments to discredit the reviews or valid criticism of the game. The current rating that Darktide has on Steam isn’t some conspiracy or “review bombs” or nonsense. It’s the consequence of launching an incomplete product, gaslighting your audience, and being radio silent.

3 Likes

It´s not about valid criticism, it´s about nonsense or reviews made out of frustration because FS needs just another week to sort out things and stuff.

And that they´re silent or don´t do anything is just wrong. CM´s said more than once that they need time and do argue about the future of the game etc… No matter if you believe in it or not.

$.05 have been deposited into your account

2 Likes

13 Likes

Please show me one of these “nonsense” reviews. I have the page up right now, every positive and negative review seem absolutely sensical to me. If you could, in good faith, find one of these nonsense reviews and post it here, I would really appreciate that

You know what? You’re right, let’s make an appointment to reconvene here next Sunday, January 29th when “things and stuff” are sorted. I look forward to seeing how FS will solve thing “next week”.

Here’s a fun quote I like: " WHEN PEOPLE SHOW YOU WHO THEY ARE, BELIEVE THEM THE FIRST TIME" - Maya Angelou

Take it for what it’s worth in this context.

2 Likes

What am I even reading here.

Fatshark makes the game. They promised features and content, then failed to implement them into the game, making it a below average game for the price. They decide how to develop the game and what features to include. Fatshark’s decision making is the single most important factor regarding the past, present, and future of the game.
The only positive thing we’re left with after all of this is hoping that the game will actually be better in the future (like Vermintide). This is where lack of communication comes in. When a company doesn’t even dare to promise to support the game in the future, you can no longer even say “hey, at least it will be good in a year, I recommend picking it up for that reason”.

Fatshark’s promises, communication, and decision making are what Darktide is crafted of, and that’s what you’re reviewing when you’re reviewing the game.

6 Likes

Please stop cutting then sentence like srsly…

And just click on steam, bad reviews, choose the latest day and you´ll find stuff like.

“The review will be ready… Next week”.

“Devs claimed this game to be a live-service game, looks like that was a lie.”

There is other even worse stuff. If you think such reviews with 1 sentence or nothing but moaning about FS are a legit rating of the game and its experience, then i don´t know what to say.
Again, nothing against valid criticism. The game is far away from being perfect and yes, an early access would´ve been better. But it´s also not the mess some want it to be.

At this point i just think he is trolling, the amount of bad takes, goal post moving and strawman arguments are to high to be taken any other way.

10 Likes

Reference to the CM that says us EVERY week that we will get an announcement NEXT week.
Off course, the person should have explicited it.

I don’t see a problem with this review. Totally fair.

Live Service Game definition:
A live service game is a game that sees a constant stream of new content added post launch, and is purposefully designed to keep you playing years after launch. This is unlike traditional single-player games, which can be completed in a set number of hours.

We are not here, we’re far away of that… We don’t have news from the devs… so new content…

I think he just thinks that his opinion is better than the opinion of 63% of the gamers that recently reviewed the game… He is mad that people think differently than him.

But, he should just relax. Next week developpers will bring us all what they promised to us. Crafting, bug fixes, community update, road map…
Or maybe we will get the usual “Next week” announcement.

But I promise that if we get, next week, crafting, I change my review with a thumb up. But, I am sure it won’t happen.

4 Likes

Do you just not understand humor? The way that CM’s interact with the community is one of the reasons people will or will not recommend the game. Right now, CMs are proving to be incompetent and unable to meet the basic deadlines they set for themselves.

Before you bring up the point of “yeah but they are listening to feedback”. They could easily make a Community Update to explain to us WHAT SPECIFIC FEEDBACK they are looking into.

Again, FS claimed this is a live service game. They even want “story as a service”. They failed to meet the absolute bare minimum expectations people have of a live service game. Even during Anthem’s disastrous launch, Bioware put out a 90 day roadmap.

Nobody wants it to be a mess, can you make a single post without a strawman to back you up?

Frustration arises when reality fails to meet expectations. FatShark set expectations by hyping up the game then failed to live up to them. Now they are refusing to communicate with their community.

4 Likes

Y’all need to stop wasting your breath on Darth Angeal. A developer could come to your house, punch you in the face, and rob you blind and he would defend it.

18 Likes

Pretty sure they did this exact same thing with Vermintide 2’s launch. A couple updates here and there to make people think they care, then vacation followed by radio silence while they work on console ports because f*ck our consumers we want more money.

I will not be supporting Fatshark again.

5 Likes

They are working really hard on the console port!

I don’t doubt about this… however I can’t believe that they will deliver an half finished product on a console! But, at this point, I don’t doubt they will even if it looks stupid.

1 Like

Nothing stupid in shovelling money into your bank account from a whole new pool of gullible players. Gotta pay them bills somehow.

Dang man, you killed him.

1 Like

It reached 36% in steam.
They know what to do to stop the fall.

Just Updated my Review, i’m doing my Part.

Fatshark

4 Likes

My review from the pre-launch beta is still positive because I don’t think I have the right to leave a negative review with cca 230h played, and enjoyed for the most part, mainly because I leveled all chars to 30 and leveling hides some of the issues with the game (endgame progression etc.).

That said, I understand the negative reviews from the perspective of “would you recommend this to someone”.

Steam really needs to implement the has-potential-but-wait-til-it-gets-fixed-or-discounted review option.

3 Likes