Crashing After Load: Post Skill Tree Patch

Issue Description:
I’ve played this game for quite a few hours without any crashing issues. I’ve have all 4 classes to lvl 30, and I don’t think I’ve EVER had the game crash on me. Now, after the new patch with the skill trees, the game will crash to desktop every time I move towards Sire Melk or the cross-hallway that he resides in. It seems that this crash is related to the new cutscenes that are trying to trigger and play.

Edit: I’ve updated all of my drivers and verified the integrity of the files on steam, and the issue still persists.

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
No error message. I’ve sent all possible crash reports. See crash report reference below.

Steps to Reproduce:
Load the game, and move forwards towards Sire Melk to trigger a cutscene. I can stand still in-game as long as I’d like, check my inventory, spend skill points, etc., but once I move forward, I’ll get an instant CTD where I never have before the patch.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
N/A

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

Steam/PC

Player ID:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Crash Dump Reference → console-2023-10-06-00.57.39-97f2f856-c6e2-4750-823d-1847819ec8d5

[PC] Paste Crash Report, or Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]

Please copy and paste the crash report here or upload the entirety of the console log. Thank you!

I hope this helps. Thanks.

crash_dump-2023-10-06-00.57.39-97f2f856-c6e2-4750-823d-1847819ec8d5.dmp (924.0 KB)
console-2023-10-06-00.57.39-97f2f856-c6e2-4750-823d-1847819ec8d5.log (78.5 KB)

This is unfortunately a nondescript GPU-related crash. There might be some alternate solutions in the link below that can help:

Due to the vagueness of the error, we are in the dark with this otherwise. I understand this is disappointing and I’m happy to assist with a refund.

All I can say is that I’m not having any issues with crashing in other games. I didn’t even crash BEFORE in Darktide, until the newest patch. I’m really bummed out, because I love this game, but it is unplayable now for me.

@FatsharkJulia

I’ve fixed this issue by disable Ray Tracing and DLSS just to watch the cutscenes. I then re-enabled those settings and the game is now working fine as it did before the skill-tree patch. The issue was definitely with the new cutscenes that got added. Maybe this info will help others with a similar crash.