Convocation of Decay (Legend) End Event - OP or Nah?

Hello Sutur,

I don’t think the difficulty needs to be nerfed, just the consistency of what spawns during the end event. I love Convocation up to that point :slight_smile:

(my post above)

Anyway, until Fatshark takes a good long look at what’s spawned, I doubt this will be resolved soon. Which sucks when people ask for help on this map…

Thanks,
Vomar

2 Likes

Just played now.

Yes, it’s easy to get distracted by some CWs when together with a pack of SVs, especially at the beginning.

There’s too much trash and too much armor and all in one wave instead on staggered ones.

Ok to be honest i overed that skill level part, sry for that

I just wanted to point out that the map is more difficult than the rest (which is odd since it isn’t a boss level and thus no extra rewards are given) but not so difficult that i can’t be finished by the averange legend player if they would play more with a plan in mind

But i agree that the spawning enemies are inconsistent, and there could be done something. I had runs where only 2 flamers and gatlins did spawn but some other time there are tons of gas rats and several assasins on top of the other specials

Alright, I just tried the Feed Me, Sinner! challenge a bunch of times and I’m actually upset.

Gas rats and blightstormers spawn often and they can attack you even when they aren’t in your line of sight (and even then, they’re hard to see because of how green everything is and the green fog circle surrounding the platform). This actually makes the sinner challenge impossible to do with 4 players and you have to rely on bots to walk outside the circle and shoot specials for you.

The increase in difficulty for the final event had zero consideration for how it would work with the sinner challenge with how gas rats and blightstormers completely invalidate the sinner challenge.

5 Likes

Hey, this thread was only started over 6 months ago. That’s a reasonable timescale to get map tweaks right… right?

I swear why even raise a poll like this if they’re just gonna sit on the data eternally :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Actually, I am pretty sure that they tweaked the map inbetween. By adding spawn points on the escape route :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Cool. How many more months to remove the universally hated flash bang visuals I wonder :roll_eyes:

At this point I think you’ve got more chance of the Pope hand delivering an Emperor’s Chest IRL containing three reds that aren’t dupes.

7 Likes

Just goes to show how much impact most of the forum discussion has.

3 Likes

Eh that’s kind of the funny thing. I’ve seen them act on feedback here and elsewhere a good number of times, it’s just kind of weird what actually goes through. Here we have a thread that must have one of the highest comment counts on this forum, started by a Dev no less, with a lot of widespread agreement on a number of aspects (literally everyone dislikes the flashbangs), and nothing at all happens on the issue for the longest time.

I just don’t get it.

14 Likes

Well, there are a lot of variables we simply don’t know.

Maybe the completion rate or death rate of/at the finale of CoD is not as high as people want to believe.

Maybe Fatshark wants to have a dynamic difficulty where some map (finales) are awfully easy like Into the Nest of the new Fort Brachsenbrücke and other maps are harder going into Cataclysm territory but still below average Cataclysm.

Maybe it is bait a la “Let people hate on CoD so we can work more freely on other maps” because let us be honest, people will just mob the next map as to hard if CoD is nerfed. I mean nearly nobody complains about Old Haunt which is similar of difficulty or even Enchanter’s Lair. That hate phase fizzled out quickly despite some very minor (although noticeable) changes to the final.

Maybe it is a ploy of GW to check if Fatshark is worthy of rewriting the End Times: “FS, balance CoD according to our whims. And if the community is playing and completing it without complaining, without giving in to the forces of Chaos and extensive whining, then we will allow you to write a new ending of the End Times.” True story.

Like said, there is simply to much stuff we don’t know. There may be a reason. There may be not.

Objection!

Old haunts may also have a lot of close quarter spawns but its not anywhere near as bad bad CoD when things go bad there, or enchanters lair. There are no chaos warriors to frontline enemy hordes and stormvermin are also few in numbers.

Monks? Can cause a fuss but honestly most teams can manage, the test lies in handling the accompanying specials but at least it doesnt feel outrageously unfair to deal with monks+packmaster relative to packmaster x 2 + chaos warriors.

Nurgloth i think people just gave up on complaining about, map is still borderline impossible in QP without a shade/GK…Heck, out of my 10 last runs there 6 or 7 ended with 3 people dropping off the cliff right away and other others with the teams not being able to kill nurgloth before he killed everyone with his knockbacks.

That or he spawned in 8 chaos warriors + horde and started spamming flies, that also caused a fair few loses.

Most of us dont really dare pull out a slow ranged weapon when in melee range of enemies than can kill in 1-2 hits…which is basically any melee for most since for instance a handmaiden dies in 2-3 bad hits from clanrats.

You ever watched pirates of the caribbean? The part where Elisabeth and Will try to make Barbarossa host a sudden wedding for them in the middle of a fight? His first reaction to that was pretty accurate

Omnidirectional spawns and the threat of death from any one enemy nearby keeps people from minding other people´s business too much.

Or you know, bad RNG. Because even on cata most people cant do squat about a row of chaos warriors leading a horde with specials in it towards the team without a shade/GK to just wipe that row out. Or when the specials come in when everyone´s balls deep in enemies.

Similarly sometimes the enchanters lair fight is extremely different from time to time. In some runs he only spawns chaff mobs and nothing else to go with his flies. In other runs (cata) he spawns in 8 bleeding chaos warrios+shields+horde ontop of his flies.

6 Likes

Told ya !

I’m going off-topic but I think they should make the Swiftbow’s charged shots faster (for special sniping) so I can use it like BoP. It’s one of the two things stopping me from playing Handmaiden like WHC. That or let Handmaiden use the Volley Crossbow because it would have fantastic breakpoints with HM’s power buffs, and good ammo sustain potential. Would be lore breaking, but for quick reactionary special sniping, Kruber has the Repeater Handgun, Bardin has the Crossbow and MWP (fast when used on high attack speed builds) and Saltz has BoP, the Crossbow and the Repeater Pistol. Sienna doesn’t have anything that falls under this category, but Sienna is a very different type of hero.

I think this is a terrible idea, swiftbow already got a quick firing speed on charged shots, especially after the first one, and just buffing it would make it broken on waystalker.

And that ties in to why Handmaiden should not have the volleybow as well, it´d be broken on her too. People would run power from pain builds with it + scrounger for infinite high power bolts.

dunno about giving swiftbow the same damage as BoP but I struggle to see a scenario in which swiftbow becomes better than hagbane or longbow unless it receives some sort of genuinely absurd buff

Hagbane waystalker can 2 shot all specials on cata at the moment along with melting hordes and crowd controlling elites

2 Likes

It´s a question of different situations i´d say.

If swiftbow got a boss damage buff, better armor piercing on charged shot/swifter shots/more cleave then i can honestly see them competing in a run where enemies are not clustering hard. …Admittedly hagbane wont have an equal from any weapon short of the fire based ones when that does occur though.

However hagbane is overpowered, so if swiftbow starts to compete then swiftbow is also overpowered…which kinda is a bit of a perplexing problem from my perspective. Since i cant seem to imagine a scenario where hagbane isnt either good or bad.

And yet this is the very reason why Brachsenbrücke “had to” be nerfed into the ground so hard that the secret underground passage way is now an overland bridge.

If people were able to do this, this thread wouldnt have 400 entries or reposting the same topic over and over again. For some people complaining is apparently a necessity similar to breathing.

Yea, but Hagbane has to much of everything. Couldnt we at least remove its stagger power. At least against Globadiers or the guys with the magical super powered helmets?

1 Like

I mean really the best way to keep ranged weaponry in balance on the elf would be to nerf waystalker’s sustain or even just the amount of ammo she can carry (perhaps both)

This is going drastically off-topic however

3 Likes