Classical Fatshark problem (FK edition)

Still not quite the same as you are robbed of visual feedback from your weapons, it is also more clunky a charge to use compared to the lighter careers, which may be intended. But as I said, its just my opinion that its a low tier active.

100% block rate or 15% more power is low tier? That’s god tier me dude. For an ULT with a 10 second CD when slapping around a horde.

1 Like

I’ve definitely been downed during the charge.

And I’m just speaking about the charge when compared to others, not any talent surrounding it.
I’m sure a reason I feel this way is because of its stagger effect as its not meant to be as lightweight or swift as other charges, I suppose.

What’s the bug? Maybe it’s because I usually block cancel out of it, but I’ve never noticed anything more serious than getting stuck on things.

Sometimes mobs which are supposed to be knocked down just aren’t. And then there’s the whole downed enemy stagger bug, but I suppose that’s more tied in with the ult and not a result of the ult itself.

I’m leaning towards that being linked to ghost swings/pushes rather than FK’s ult.

Tru Tru , Foot Knight is a mess

I’ve found four problems with the Foot Knight’s Charge. At least two of them can be considered a playstyle or skill problems, but they all do pose difficulty in its use.

First is the wind-up time. You’re vulnerable during the whole period, and getting staggered during the wind-up will prevent you from actually executing the skill. This makes it hard an even dangerous to use in tight spaces and intense situations. It can be worked around, though, by learning the timing and making space through pushing and such.

Second is the more limited actions during it. While the other Careers with movement-Skills (Handmaiden, Zealot, Slayer) can keep attacking the whole time, the Knight seems to have a lot harder time on it, even if it isn’t actually impossible. He puts his (melee) weapon to the side during the Charge, and doesn’t pull it to front again. A long time ago, I did confirm that you can use at least your ranged weapon during Charge, but melee hasn’t seemed to work - or at least there’s no visual feedback to indicate that it does. This isn’t as much a problem to people who main FK, but anyone who uses the other Careers often gets put off by this.

The third one is that the Charge hugs the ground tightly. While this does create a feel that’s very different from Handmaiden or Zealot without affecting much in practice, it also leads to the Charge getting stuck in small imperfections of the environment a lot more easily than the others. This is one that can’t be overcome by skill alone. It’s (practically, at least) impossible to know all the forms and shapes of the ground that can prevent the Skill’s movement, and not all of them can be even perceived. I’m thinking it could be made “light” enough that it’d glide over small edges without affecting its feel much. It still doesn’t need to fly off like Handmaiden and Zealot do.

Fourth, the Charge is slower to move than the other similar skills, and you’re fully vulnerable during the whole period. Combined with the limited (or limited-feeling) offensive options during it, it leaves you very open to attack - and stagger, interrupting the Charge without gaining the extra push at the end. I think this is also a bit skill-dependent, but it still leaves as the only truly safe option to start the Charge from a block - which both limits options, and makes purposeful interruption harder.

6 Likes

Come on now, it’s not all that bad. The first two things you listed are just matters of getting familiar with the ult, which can be said of every mechanic in the game. The ‘whole period’ of the windup time doesn’t even last as long as most weapons’ heavy attack charges.

The fourth is kind of a non-issue imo. Yes, technically you’re vulnerable mid-charge, but the chance of actually getting hit by anything is miniscule. With how long the dodge window is now, nothing is going to lock on and hit you unless it’s already mid-swing when you hit F, and to get hit by something mid-charge you have to direct your ult so that you pass in front of an enemy that’s already swinging at someone else, within its attack range, without passing close enough to clip it with the ult, AND it has to be timed so that their swing and you pass through the same spot in the same fraction of a second. Unless you’re the unluckiest player there is, that just doesn’t happen very often.

The third I agree with, it does get stuck on things that it really feels like it should pass over.

2 Likes

sometimes its useful, but mostly just standing still.
yet i dont think any change is necessary.

Fatshark Games in a nutshell.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.