Chat during loading scenes and cutscenes

Hey would like to chat “hey friendos” or whatever to my team as we’re sitting in the stormhawk. Also opportunity to chat during the mission wrap-up scene would be nice so we can get gg’s out and have short conversations. As it is now, people get to the rewards screen and leave right away - which is fine. Just kinda awkward we can’t chat each other during these scenes.

11 Likes

I would really like to be able to throw out the GG WP to my team during the outro sequence, in particular

6 Likes

I don’t understand why we don’t have it to be honest. It was very nice in Vermintide to banter and talk to other people during loading and post game scenes.

3 Likes

i’m guessing we’re not actually in session during those loading screens. That would explain why the crashes are so common in the transitions - it’s reestablishing connections and failing, and not failing gracefully.

i’m guessing we’re not actually in session during those loading screens. That would explain why the crashes are so common in the transitions - it’s reestablishing connections and failing, and not failing gracefully.

Well you said it, that is a pretty wild and specific guess / crash diagnosis.

As for lack of chat, it could be any number of things, and it is probably different things for cutscenes and loading screens.

Cutscenes I would hope is just a case of something simple they’ve not implemented in the UI, or something they wrote which disables player input during cutscenes.

Hopefully there is not some architectural reason that makes chat during loading difficult, but I care much less about that than the outro cutscenes.

+1, for playerbase coherency :slight_smile:
I sometimes practice shouting “For Emperor” with enhusiasm on voice after well played mission.

3 Likes