Change Kerillian's Longbow charged to have a delayed zoom like Huntsmans Bow

Like the title said changing the Longbows charged attack to not zoom in instantly would feel more fluid just like the huntsman.

I might get a bit of slack for saying this…

But I actually hate the new Empire Longbow zoom. It kicks in very abruptly and awkwardly, either too late for the moment when I needed it, or after I am already trying to aim without Zoom’s help.

10 Likes

I would be happy with no zoom on the bows, its not really needed since the game is almost always close quarters.
Maybe just have an option to toggle it ?

1 Like

Disagree, no thanks Kerrillian’s Longbow is perfect only advantage huntsman longbow has is AP without headshots.

Longbow is is for range, anti specials very essential to snipe if your fighting in close quarters switch to melee.

3 Likes

Oh hell no, I hate that delayed zoom on huntsman bow, it makes it clunky, not smooth imo.

4 Likes

No harm in making it a toggle, unless you want to make it akward in close quarters as some kind of way to not incentivize sniping at close range.

1 Like

Please no. In fact, I’m going to post a thread requesting the exact opposite.

4 Likes

Do you wanna add more zoom?

he wants to remove the thing from Krub’s bow

1 Like

I don’t see an issue adding a toggle to make the weapon more fun for others. The waystalker optional zoom is not applied automaticly aswell.

Maybe i’m the only one, but when my ranged weapon zooms in automaticly i find it very annoying.

So unless fatshark has made it this way for balance sake, i don’t see why we cannot get a way to toggle it.

4 Likes

I meant to make the zoom on Kruber’s Bow toggleable like Waystalker’s ability.

4 Likes

Weapon toggle would be acceptable but only with major overhaul to weapon special ability and across the board, longbow would need three setting toggle for WS and two otherwise. Having the weapon special remember last zoom setting and toggle before charge would be a must.

Currently charging a shot is zooming and using a light attack is unzoom, also find huntsmans longbow mechanic annoying.

2 Likes

I’d rather have no zoom at all tbh. Still waiting for a mod that does that.

2 Likes

No, I’m right with you there. Empire Longbow is basically unusable now. Keri’s bow is perfect and doesn’t need any changes at all.

2 Likes

I’d rather get the imperial longbow reverted, nothing pisses me off more than that delayed zoom.

If that gets implemented to elf longbow, I’m straight up not using the longbow.

4 Likes

If you haven’t yet, I recommend expressing your opinion here:

Hopefully the post will get enough traction and votes to possibly affect Fatshark’s mind.

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with zoom weapons and you should learn to play the game.

I’ve played with the longbow zoom for over 3k hours and i wouldnt want to touch the weapon without the zoom. Its a weapon for sniping targets which is why it has a zoom.

Either: Make a toggle mod that will easily get approved by FS or dont use the weapon.

You have no idea what you are talking about (Not trying to be rude or offensive when i say that) or you play very low difficulty…

Yikes.

2 Likes

I don’t like the autozoom. I think they should make ALL bow zooms toggleable with the alt fire button, just like kerilian’s bow.

If Fatshark doesn’t want to implement that feature maybe someone could make a small mod? It’s hardly a balance concern.

1 Like

For the love of god, no. And while we’re at it, reverse the change on Kruber’s longbow, it’s atrocious and feels atrocious.

No, I agree completely. Been trying out nothing but Huntsman these past few days and it really really hurts.

5 Likes

Sniper weapons need a toggle zoom button, which remembers its state (unlike current elf longbow where you need to press special button every time you charge).

With a ui indicator preferably, near ammo counter, like NZ and SZ (no zoom and standard zoom).

To those people who are unhappy with no zoom bows - you need to consider that there are people who play different than you, have different preference and skills. Ever seen Quake 3 railgun gameplay at pro level? These guys hit tiny fast moving targets at no zoom with a wide fov.

Why not join the Fatshark Discord https://discord.gg/K6gyMpu