Beta Process - Legit Question for Fatshark

So there were a lot more beastmen kills before than skaven or northlanders? Interesting.
Well, I’m glad things are more balanced now, but one thing I think should be considered is, precisely, outliers. Like I said in my feedback thread, last night I played 5 games in a row and didn’t see a single beastman. While that clearly is just bad rng and an outlier case, I strongly feel that outliers like these shouldn’t ever happen. Perhaps a more weighted form of RNG, or a minimum/maximum of numbers to be taken into account during the faction distribution, something.
And in the opposite direction, some people are still complaining about too many beastmen even with the changes from the beta.

It’s certainly a tricky subject because the randomness of vermintide is what aids its replayability, if things become predictable/vary too little, then it becomes stale. But there IS such a thing as TOO random, or in this case, situations that, no matter how rare, shouldn’t happen.

Maybe if there was a minimum of, like, at least 1 zone in the map has to belong to each of the factions allowed to be in said map, and also a maximum, it’d help keep both outliers from happening, while still maintaining the RNG factor.

1 Like