BBB Feedback: Kerillian's Spear and shield

y’all may be interested in this thread I made during the BBB

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/tuskgor-spear-concept/40856?u=incandescent

Anyway when it came to spear and shield the main problem it had was that it lacks significantly for horde control unless you looped the H1 sweep which was not only awkward to do but quite slow and ineffective, you could also weave in pushes a lot due to the nature of how handmaiden works but not having a shield slam available limited the actual effective level of control she could put out with the weapon making it effectively a single target weapon almost entirely but it didn’t really put out enough damage for that status to be justified and the shield also causes a lot of the screen to be taken up even when pushing with it. So I attempted to circumvent these issues by adding a sweep to the light combo which would be consistent with the standalone elf spear and the tuskgor spear. Honestly, I don’t think it did enough to solve the problems the weapon had and still has. Anyway maybe the concept I outline in the linked thread could apply to Spear & Shield also. Either that or give the weapon access to a slam (though I’d say the shield is way too large for that to not look ridiculous)

3 Likes