Awful lags at 7 GMT makes playing impossible

Issue Description:
At 7-10 GMT I and all of my friends are lagging so hard that playing is impossible.
The enemies are flying, I am dying to ghosts, and 2001 errors. But no game crash.
The issue can be spotted earlier by ping, which is running around 60-180 randomly.

Attempted Solutions:
I did not attempt any Solutions due to it affecting not only me, but my friends who don’t live in the same house as me, but in the same region

Platform:
Steam

PC Specifications:
It isn’t needed due to it being not PC problem

Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
Console logs:
console-2023-05-26-10.39.00-939329ed-7c4b-47b8-80f0-9e49ef1278e6.log (17.8 MB)

darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (887.0 KB)

Now I just can’t play the game at all

Could you tell me which state you’re playing from, and the name of your ISP please?

1 Like

I am playing from “Khabarovsk Krai” in Russia, and my ISP is “Востоктелеком”
This is the problem that I am and my friends from this region are having for a while now, and this problem occur from 7 to 11 GMT, I made a mistake in up there

Thank you for support

This is a routing issue unfortunately. We do have this on our radar, but I’m not able to say if or when this will be resolved due to a lack of networking resource at current.

Alternate solutions may be to use a VPN, but I understand this isn’t ideal.

I’m happy to help you with a refund, should you rather take that option.

1 Like

is it possible to define which server we connect to? (i know we cannot, but could this be made as new feature?)

my reasoning for it:

imagjne we have 4 people in a strike team, all friends from high school, all living in different parts of europe now:

• spain
  • lithienia
  • blegium
  • bulgaria

of course each of them will have their best server, having the lowest lag they play on, but not necessarily that server will have the lowest lag for other people.

middle ground for all ppl could be server located in germany, or somewhere in amsterdam coz there most network hubs are placed.

having manual choice players could experiment with what is the good enough server for them (it could be set via cfg option or cmd line, no need for fancy ui)

if that would work, then next step would be to gather the ping data from all players in a strike team, so that server having lowest latency for all players was taken.

there are few numerical algorithms that can find that quickly :wink:

I understand, thank you for replying, I am happy that I could bring that problem some attention, even by such an awful way.

There may be not many people that report it here, this is mostly due to language barrier, but this is indeed the problem that we are facing while trying to play the game.

Again, thank you, and I hope this will be resolved one day