<authentication denied> error

I can log in just fine.
I can join friends just fine.
I can join random people just fine.

But I cannot get past the scoreboard in any of the games I play AT ALL.

The scoreboard freezes at TIME LEFT 00:00
Then I get the < authentication denied > error
Game CTD
No GUID, no crash log

I am still getting credit for weekly quests and still getting rewards but I’m crashing to desktop after that error after every single game.

IDK what this error even means. I’ve never seen it before nor have I ever seen the scoreboard get stuck at the end.

Could you please upload a corresponding console log? This error is new to us also and we need to investigate.

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2\console_logs

Thank you!

1 Like

This was the only console log out of 5 with the authentication denied error that would upload. Last night when I was getting these, I was renaming the logs so I would remember which one had the error.

The other files were “too large” to upload.

ScreamingBell.log (728.2 KB)

Thank you for your help and I do hope you can figure out what it means because I’ve never seen this error before either.

Thank you!

1 Like

It hasn’t happened so far tonight but let me know what you find!

EDIT: I think I might know what is causing this error but I’m not 100% sure. When I was getting this error, I was using my Xbox 360 controller because I was having sharp pain in my right arm due to my carpal tunnel and I was holding down the A button to skip the scoreboard and then pressing Y for Return to Keep. That might be why the scoreboard essentially got stuck at 00:00 at the end.

I haven’t used my controller since that day and I haven’t gotten that error again. If there is a way to check that on your end and tell me if that could possibly be what’s causing that error to show up.

Idky I just thought of that or if it’s even relevant.

Players using the Xbox 360 controller have been reporting randomised slow-downs, our developers will be able to idenrify any links between them. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you! I don’t usually use the controller but I have carpal tunnel syndrome in my right arm and I cannot wear a wrist brace while playing.

It’s good to hear you figured out the cause and working towards a fix!

My whole party had the same issue. Indeed one of the members’ game even just closed at the end of the score screen.console-2020-12-22-00.02.00-b9e6e7ca-c107-456e-97fc-e221b642aa00.log (1.8 MB) console-2020-12-22-03.14.43-38432ddc-8a80-4ef7-a03d-bdc1fdc769c2.log (128.1 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.