Armoury Rework (with pictures)

This is purely just how I think it should work, however the Armoury seriously needs to be more useful. We need to be able to see what things do without having to inspect our current weapon, inspect the other weapon, etc. So I am proposing quite a few changes, with pictures included, Now you can keep the timer on the shop refreshing, just increase it, either 6, 8, or 12 hours should be fine. So with 6 hour change windows there would be 4 refreshes a day, with 8 there would be 8 refreshes a day, and 12 would give us 2 refreshes a day. I think the 6 would be better as it would give us enough time to buy something, and then look at other items to maybe buy something else to try out.

Weapons and Curios should be seperated somehow, this just makes way too much sense. Currently having them together just takes up room for weapons, currently this causes it be too tedious to find something potentially useful. This could also help for the next change I’ll show for weapons.

We should be able to pick the weapons we are specifically looking for, you can keep the silly timer just increase it. We should have the full list of weapon families we have unlocked for our class to peruse instead of just having all the weapons jumbled together.

This should also show us useful information at a glance for each family, such as the combos to expect, and the specials and such of each weapon.

We should be able to click on a weapon option and then see a bunch of options for that weapon, and hovering over a modifier should tell us what that modifier does. This just makes way too much sense and is baffling to me, the fact that you can’t do this currently, not even in the compare screen is… just why?

All that information that is in the Inspect screen should be readily available elsewhere.

[Edit spelling error]

3 Likes

I believe with increasing the time before each re-roll of the Armory would not be so great. lower level characters you can earn enough xp, if it reset every 6 hours you’d end up hoping a emperors gift would drop due to the item levels only increasing when it refreshes. i believe the game needs to be more clear in what actual stats and mods on weapons mean for players, but increasing the timer wouldn’t solve anything but would instead stick players unable to get upgrades, making them stuck doing lower rank missions or doing less to nothing in higher missions possibly making those scenarios more toxic for the people “carrying” the people unable to get the item level required. That being said i’ve had a hard time getting a Dagger on a preacher for instance to even show up in the store, but i also think this also makes other players try other weapons and weapon types while leveling. I would offer a counter and say perhaps at level 30 have another vender that unlocks for player to select a weapon type or a targeting loot system that would refresh on a daily or hourly system. not only adds a cool new room to the mourning star and perhaps another cool npc to interact with, but also give max level players some form of solution to “i hope it refreshes with the thing i want”. I would say a simple filter would be nice on the Armory for filtering item level or weapon families would be a very nice touch.

1 Like

We should be able to pick the weapons we are specifically looking for, you can keep the silly timer just increase it. We should have the full list of weapon families we have unlocked for our class to peruse instead of just having all the weapons jumbled together.

Great UI idea. Agree with everything proposed, and this especially. This is something that needs to be worked on soon imo, as more and more of the playerbase is hitting level 30. While levelling, unlocking a new weapon family but having to wait for the shop to rotate, sometimes multiple times, just to use it is awful, and the endgame experience of checking the small pool of gears just for disappointment, constantly, is enough to make people quit the game. A selection of every type of weapon and a separate pool of curios is so much better for the player experience and playing with different or new builds; you need to have the ability to choose any weapon at any time and upgrade it.

1 Like

I can actually agree with this, on the subreddit someone recommended a different system.

Untitled

1 Like