[April 1st] Announcing Vermintide 2 - Return to the Reik DLC

Heroes!

Today we are happy to introduce the latest DLC for Vermintide 2: Return to the Reik.

Expanding on the adventures of the Ubersreik Five, Lohner has a critical task that needs undertaking.

So, looks like I’ve got a job for you in one of your old stomping grounds. Some dozy merchant’s got his ship wedged good and proper between the banks of the River Reik, and there are vital cargo vessels backed up all the way from Marienburg to Nuln. I wouldn’t mind, but there’s a mess of building materials aboard that Rosalinde needs to get this here keep into proper shape for what’s to come.

Now, I know what you’re thinking. What does this have to do with us? Well, renovations aside, I’m trying to get some of the more influential families of the region to support our little escapades - or at least to stop fighting amongst themselves while the Old World burns. Problem is, the van de Kuypers of Marienburg are insisting that this episode is all some plot to stop ‘em getting their marshlander mitts on a long-awaited supply of Nuln Oil. Funny stuff, but folk do swear by it. There’s no such plot, of course. Just the skaven sowing mischief, as usual … so you can expect plenty of the little buggers to be lurking around the riverbanks, laughing to themselves as they help themselves to stranded cargo.

So I need you to get that ship free, as soon as you can, and however you can. The Bridge of Shadows is going to set you down in Carroburg, and I’m sure enterprising folks such as yourself can lay hands on something … persuasive … to get the bloody thing unstuck. Now, I’m thinking black powder, but I’ll leave the details to you.

This one’s a bit of a priority, I’m afraid. So no galavanting off to the Chaos Wastes until the matter’s settled. I know you’re all raring to go, but like my old mum used to say, you’ve got to eat your greens before getting to the dessert. Chop chop.

It’s down to you, the heroes, to tread familiar ground along the Reik and re-open the trade routes and stop the Skaven from getting their hands on precious supplies…

This DLC is free and available now to all owners of the Bardin Songbook, and for everyone else will be purchasable on Steam on the 31st of April 2021.

15 Likes

Let’s leave it to a lone dwarf with a pickaxe

8 Likes

Is it free for the super secret limited Vinyl record owners too? Asking for a friend. 'Cause I don’t have them of course.

5 Likes

Yes. Good idea by the way.

@Fatshark_Hedge Joke is good, but it would be more accurate if the ship was stuck in Nehekhara, Land of the Dead. And on board the ship were goods produced in Grand Cathay - for sale in the Empire and Bretonnia.

1 Like

Nice, first news about content in 3 months… sad that it’s just an aprils fools

4 Likes

Already palyed. Best DLC ever :wink:

2 Likes

If only you saw the news about Chaos Wastes. Only 3 weeks ago.

1 Like

Just before I click that, I’m sure it’s a rickroll. But I’mma click it anyway.

2 Likes

Not bad :smiley:
Especially free and purchasable alongside with 31st of April :+1: :laughing:

1 Like

So no Chaos Wastes until we got to play this DLC. Got it.

Nice double whammy packed in there, i like it.

1 Like

So, just where did the river go after it got wedged? The plot thickens…just like Bardin.

I will fully admit I forgot the date and took it seriously for a second.
Well played.

3 Likes

I knew before I finished reading the title, yet… Not. Funny.

Nice…

Ironically I’ve been hoping for a VT2 remaster (drachenfels style) of the Reik DLC for a while now. It would definitely fit the theme of VT2.

2 Likes

Any chance this could actually turn into a map? XD
Or a second release of bardin’s songbook? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Imagine twitch mode on the boat section

4 Likes

when joke is better than new content…