Any news on the new career?

I totally agree. I would even add that as long as we do not add “thousands” of characters, we can still keep the same deep backstory for each new char. With the career system, we don’t need a hundred new ones =p

I went and asked the almighty 1d4chan on this matter, and they say it’s inconsistent although army books are generally preferred, so… :man_shrugging:t2:
This is weird, no definitive answer. But it happens i guess.
If you go by End Times though she would be considered elf/half elf demigod as her ‘mother’ is an elven goddess.

Gav Thorpe (lead designer, Jumping the Fence | Mechanical Hamster), on the topic of canon:
Often folks ask if Black Library books are ‘canon’. With Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000, the notion of canon is a fallacy. There are certainly established facts – the current Emperor is Karl-Franz, the Blood Angels have red armour, Commissar Yarrick defended Hades Hive during the Second Armageddon War. However, to suggest that anything else is non-canon is a disservice to the players and authors who participate in this world. To suggest that Black Library novels are somehow of lesser relevance to the background is to imply that every player who has created a unique Space Marine chapter or invented their own Elector Count is somehow wrong. Nothing could be further from the truth. Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 exist as tens of thousands of overlapping realities in the imaginations of games developers, writers, readers and gamers. None of those interpretations is wrong.

To be fair, GW-the-firm might have different notions than Gav-the-designer, but in essence FS should be quite free to do as they please as long as it can be motivated. Then, as I noted, legal constraints might not agree with that notion.

1 Like

Imagine the banter going on between a disillusioned grail knight and the Fay Enchantress / one of the fay / a prophetess :wink:

I’d be down for any kind of creative manipulator character. Basically anything that’s not just damage and stagger (and the occasional taunt). With magic in this world, there’s a lot that can be done with buffs/debuffs and other ways to affect your enemies and allies alike.

As much as this game is lauded for its satisfying melee combat, we’ve got plenty of that already. Heck, we’re getting another melee only class before anything else.

After learning about this today, I really want a Ratcatcher Saltzpyre.

2 Likes