Another nothing burger from Fatshark

Woah that’s a lot of lies in that article.

“I couldn’t be prouder of what the team has achieved thus far. And there’s more to come soon.”

Couldn’t be prouder?

Holy macaroni. Do these guys actually think they’re doing well?

11 Likes

This was a Comm Link, Patch Note will be released alongside the patch

They talked about QoL improvements. It’s possible that some problems to solve are included here. They weren’t gonna go into full details about that on the event video obviously. Let’s wait and see

I will withold judgement until the patch notes

3 Likes

Lol sh!t train is on tour again I guess… And this without some patch notes with more detailed informations :face_with_peeking_eye:

Crossplay support is expected to be available soon, as indicated by Fatshark. We’ve contacted them in an attempt to ascertain a specific launch date for it. Once activated, players using either Steam, Microsoft Windows Store, or Game Pass should be able to participate in gameplay together

I hope this is no fake information… But he’ll yeah… It’s about f*ckin time

No word about it on the commslink either. Grim.

You are saying people are entitled but that is the wrong idea. Fatshark wants to make money. They are selling Darktide as a live service game. They are paying for servers out of their pocket. People have to want to play the game and buy their aquilas if they want to make money. If people are dissatisfied with the slow development and lack of content then what drives them to keep playing? No players means no money.

7 Likes

And per

“Our next update ‘Rejects Unite’ will feature both a patch and a content drop, which we will release during the Warhammer Skulls Event, stay tuned for the release date!”

Skulls starts June 1st, so it doesn’t sound like May patch was true either.

3 Likes

Can you put this on steam as well ? so i can give you a clown award…

3 Likes

Skulls is May 25-June 1 iirc

We have been fighting reskinned rat ogres and chaos warriors since DT launched. Whether it is reskins of vt2 mobs, or re-re-re-skinned and recombined cosmetics, FS have been trying to scrape by with as little effort and as few new creations as possible for a while.

Butthurt Mayson, there is no need for you to pop up and angrily white knight and shill for FS, whilst shrieking accusations of doomsaying at me again, on this reply. Save your breath, you will look no less silly than the last 2 times you tried it.

8 Likes

I honestly think promising to fix even a single one of the most talked about issues would have been enough to largely flip the Zeitgeist of this patch. Like just the promise of better mission select allowing people to actually play the modes they enjoy at some point in the future, let alone literally anything to do with crafting.

So no I don’t think the majority of the disappointment comes from expecting way more content from this patch than what has now been revealed, rather just any signs the major issues might be addressed.

But like @Reginald holding out final judgement here for actual patch notes.

9 Likes

I would have agreed with you entirely but I just discovered they’ve #locked access to the new content they pleasently surprised us by claiming we were receiving in the patch. So now I am completely pissed off frankly. I am actually insulted that they think this is acceptable. So now I have a deeply negative view of the patch where I had more of a moderated view before.

6 Likes

Fair. Like it’s a dumb idea in the context of their patch schedule but TBH I really wasn’t expecting more than 1 map from this patch in the first place so it’s hard for me to be that mad about the dumb reward map.

I see it as insulting. The business model is for them to give us content to keep us interested in playing so we can buy cosmetics. Instead they are locking content that the game desperately needs and telling us to go play the old stuff over and over again for like a month just to get acess to it.

5 Likes

Notice how ‘just playing the game’ is all that’s required for this community event? This way they can spin it that X amount of players took part in the community event, in fact 100% of active players took part! Therefore community event was a resounding success and proof of how amazing they are at being gamedevs.

7 Likes

Meanwhile rat game is getting three new maps. The Darktide team should be embarrassed.

4 Likes

The producer “couldn’t be prouder” at what they have done in the last six months.

As proud as possible. No improvement to be made. They have done the absolute maximum anyone could have ever expected.

According to themselves.

5 Likes

Didn’t watch their video. Did not have any hopium left, and as usual I wasn’t proven wrong…
Meanwhile I’m more hyped for rat game, or Project Zomboid’s bi-weekly dev blogs, every time without fail lol

2 Likes

Yeah he should be in fact, ashamed but whatever.

also, after the sad recap he said “we will also continue to delivering content at a steady rate”

Like, was this even in question or are we now unsure of even that?

3 Likes