Basically the idea is that accessories you get as loot can sometimes spawn with a special illusion that gives them a different look and description. I think this would be a good idea because:
- It’s a great way to add more snippets of lore.
- Illusions can be applied to duplicated red accessories as a way to differentiate them instead of scrapping.
- The more different illusions we have the easier it is to remember which accessory is for which class.
- Rare illusions could be displayed on your character model in-game as a way for players to further accessorize their looks along with hats etc.
- These could also be used as achievement/milestone rewards.
Ideas for new accessory illusions:
- Mission specific souvenirs like a merchant’s hip flask from Burgenhafen, or a burned holy symbol salvaged from Ussingen etc.
- Boss/Elite specific trophies.
- Character or class specific items like a powder flask for Huntsman, a rare flower for Waystalker, a fang necklace for Slayer etc.