About 3rd light attack of Mace/Hammer and Shield after Patch 4

Before writing thread, I super enjoyed to use MnS & HnS.

• 1:27
    Before BBB, MnS & HnS has 3 kinds of light attacks which have high stagger cleave and is good for clearing horde and berserkers by using combo (push attack -> L2 - > L3 repeat). With this combo, without attack speed option and getting damage from enemies, player can handle horde and berserkers easily. It works and it still good and power in BBB too.

• 13:49
    And those are not good at killing AR type but have combo to kill it (push attack -> H1 -> H2). But it can damage and kill AR type with super stagger. Also with this combo it can handle lots of elites. Because H1 is shield bash and have super stagger power.

After BBB patch 4.

Light attack 3 now has single target armour piercing damage profile. Same as push attack.
Push attack now chains into light attack 3.

For AR piercing dmg, dev added it to 3rd light attack and changed chain attack order.
In my opinion, this makes player who is using MnS & HnS get more in dangerous than before.

• No more (push attack -> L2 -> L3 repeat) combo is not allowed. After BBB patch 4, this combo is replaced with (push attack -> L3) combo. So, this patch removes good advantage of one of MnS & HnS for handling horde and berserkers.

• No more (push attack -> H1 -> H2) combo also is not allowed. After BBB patch 4, this combo is replaced with (push attack -> H2) combo.

So my question is, is it nerf MnS & HnS to low pick-rate ? Or buff MnS & HnS to get more pick-rate ?
I’m so wondering, why MnS & HnS has to be almost same attack motion as Sword and Shield. Before BBB patch 4, MnS & HnS has different charming point. For now, I don’t know why I should use this weapon.

I just got done using the weapon, it had been total garbage until this nifty little change and now performs way better. You can do all the fun super stagger stuff from before by cancelling before l3 and relying on heavies. Now it’s great at hordes, and single target armor piercing damage.

Looking at the video you posted highlights just how painful killing stormies was, now it’s twice as fast and doesn’t knock them super far away from the team.

I would suggest the pushattack should bust shields and the weapon will be in an excellent spot.

1 Like

Do you mean (L1 -> L2 -> block repeat)? I know this way. But for reducing L1’s attack speed, I usually used (push attack -> L2 -> L3 repeat) combo to skip L1.

Yes. But those SVs all dead. Anyway with shield weapon, if I wanted to kill AR type twice as fast than before, I would equip Sword and Shield. What’s different with MnS and SnS after BBB patch 4? Do you think all weapons have same ability?

Why is this forum so obsessed with railing against buffs to underperforming weapons? The mace and shield is objectively better, especially in an area where it was bottom of the barrel.

1 Like

Underperforming weapon? Before BBB, I really enjoyed using MnS, HnS. And I never thought MnS & HnS is not underperforming weapon.

After BBB, dev changed MnS & HnS heavy chain attack order. It is really good buff to MnS & HnS for all situations. Before BBB, MnS & HnS heavy chain attacks were H1(swing) and H2(shield bash). After BBB, those heavy chain attacks were H1(shield bash) and H2(swing). Now player can stagger enemies easier than before.

After BBB patch 4,

Light attack 3 now has single target armour piercing damage profile. Same as push attack.
Push attack now chains into light attack 3.

Do you think this make MnS & HnS buffed?

Do you mean (L1 -> L2 -> block repeat)? I know this way. But for reducing L1’s attack speed, I usually used (push attack -> L2 -> L3 repeat) combo to skip L1.

As I said, MnS & HnS’s L1 attack speed is so slow. To offset this, I used (push attack -> L2 -> L3 repeat) combo to skip L1. But now, I can’t use (push attack -> L2 -> L3) combo no more. Do you think is it really buffing MnS & HnS?

** And

Why is this forum so obsessed with railing against buffs to underperforming weapons? The mace and shield is objectively better, especially in an area where it was bottom of the barrel.

This is Beta community channel. Someone can say positive opinion about new patch, I also can say negative opinion about new patch. Do you think am I must spread out positive opinion in this thread?
With debates, balance patch will be more and more good.

Why not join the Fatshark Discord https://discord.gg/K6gyMpu