A Modest Legend Tier List

I would really include Pyro. Flamewave/Mace (ulti build) in S tier. It’s insane if played right.

Also Shade with Spear is just as good as Glaive and safer. I tend to do insane damage with Spear. A lot higher than with Glaive too. Downside is elite killing, but ults make up for it.

@Sasa On Shade, you don’t need push-slash spam, when you can spam left click and move back and forth properly between stam regen. Same can be done on WS too. Never stop hitting.

It does give HM a significant attack speed advantage though when it comes to sweep (and relative savety with the constant pushes), making her significantly better at taking out hordes and especially holding them, as she doesn’t need to move back or do anything defensively to avoid taking hits.

1 Like

I find all 3, just as capable in melee, it’s just a slight change in playstyle. Ranged on Shade and WS are where you would make up the difference on wave clear though. And Spear for Shade is better than Glaive for it anyway.

Even if damage cap is re-implemented, shade and huntsman (w bow or rifle without exploit) can still solo a mini boss in quicker time than many teams-of-four can kill them.

Handgun is currently broken w mgk, but huntsman w bow, which is working as intended, is able to one shot most specials, two shot maulers, and have a relatively short CD ulti to quickly dispatch of 4-5 CW if need be all while still having access to the halberd. He is very strong when played correctly.

This is a huge downside on legend where you can have 15-20 SV in a relatively small area on a map like screaming bell for instance. You don’t have ulti up for every armored target - and you should be trying to save ulti for CW or other high priority targets (hook rats) as best as you can.

The positive you mention is being ‘safer’ and I agree with you spear is safer for the average to below average player who can hold right mouse and push spam and block in downtime. Glaive with proper dodging mechanics and block canceling can be very safe on shade while having the ability to quickly dispatch armored targets. It doesn’t really have any weaknesses like the spear.

That being said a cdr build with resourceful combatant on spear with good crit and AS van certainly work. I just think glaive is a more well rounded weapon for legend.

1 Like

It’s better as a pure dps build with attack speed and chaos damage. I don’t bother with RC, just got for maximum amount of headshotting.

Move Bounty Hunter up to S tier (Best career in the game imo), move Mercenary up to A, then bump Slayer and Zealot down to C and remove the now empty B tier and this list is about right.

Huntsman is 100% S

1 Like

S tier right now should only be Huntsman and Shade tbh, tier lists are garbage but they are the only 2 classes that handle everything with extreme ease. Hordes? Easy, bosses, best 2 boss killers in the game, armor? easy. Specials? Easy.

2 Likes

He dies too easily due to broken weapon switch + block times. Happens to even the very best Huntsmen. Once that’s fixed, I’d agree but right now, it’s holding the class back a lot.

2 Likes

I disagree, I never have trouble with weapon swaps on hunts, its slow but just backdodge or shoot what is about to hit you, or don’t pull the bow out when you’re getting mauled by a wave, its not rocket science.

2 Likes

Yeh but other classes don’t have to worry about it so much and can play a lot looser and more aggressively in that regard. I can’t imagine a lot of huntsman’s quirks like that right now being intentional.

1 Like

The fact it requires you to play more intelligently doesn’t discount it from being S tier, even if the weapon swaps are slow you can still out perform other classes with relative ease.

2 Likes

If it’s outperforming, I’d argue the other classes are slacking. He’s not bad by any means though.

1 Like

So what you are telling me is that every huntsman game i’ve played, everyone else is bad or im just that good?

2 Likes

No I’m saying you, or a player of comparable skill, should be able to get better performance on several other classes if geared/built for min:max output. Performance vs others is a meaningless metric. Performance vs self is the only true means of assessment, with the caveat that we need to be honest about how good we are with a class when evaluating Eg. if you know you’re way better with Huntsman than you are with WS, Pyro, BH, IB, Shade or w/e then you have to factor that in.

1 Like

I preform better at huntsman than other classes because he contributes more, and he contributes more because of his kit. I can headshot just as well on WS with a longbow but im not 1 shotting CWs, or killing bosses in 5 seconds. Sure i’ll likely be top special and elite kills, but I would be on hunts as well, so thats a moot point.

2 Likes

I think it also deserves to be stated that at range you can wipe an entire CW patrol inside of your active in 1.0.8 without trying since body shots insta kill due to damage cap removals, no one else comes close to being able to do that.

2 Likes

Huntsman and WS are basically just at different ends of the ranged spectrum. Hunstman is better at CW and bosses, WS is better wave clear and other specials by virtue of her spammable ult. She also has better ammo sustainability on her end of the spectrum while Hunstman’s ammo sustainability is all soundly on his end of the spectrum.

1 Like