A Letter to the :v2: Community

Heroes,

When we first launched Vermintide 2, we knew we had something special, but the truth is, it has surpassed any of our expectations with us now eclipsing over 5 million players across all platforms . Simply put. We are humbled, and eternally grateful. For you, the community is what has continued to push us by providing feedback and helping us make the game better than it ever has been. Thank you for being a part of the journey, and for playing and loving Vermintide & Vermintide 2.

With the announcement of Darktide, we understand that you might have a lot of questions - mostly surrounding our commitment to Vermintide 2. The answer is simple:

We remain committed to Vermintide 2.

We are looking forward to the continuous development of Vermintide 2, and the next major DLC update coming is Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Chaos Wastes. We are also already working on the next career following the positive reception of the Grail Knightā€¦ and of course, so much more that we are not ready to announce.

We could not be more excited about the future - both for Darktide, and Vermintide 2. We are Warhammer fans at heart, and the ability to grow the studio, learn, and deepen our efforts in the Warhammer universe - well, that is our passion.

For Sigmar.

Martin & The Vermintide 2 team.

45 Likes

Wellā€¦ we will seeā€¦

8 Likes

:heart:

thanks for the literal thousands of hours of entertainment and a wonderful community

27 Likes

Iā€™m not familiar with the studio structure so I was a bit concerned that Vermintide would be put out to pasture if more resources were put into Darktide.
Iā€™m more than willing to jump back and forth between them. Some days I may want to cleave through a bunch of rats with a large 2H Hammer, some days I may want to blow my enemies away with < insert whatever you have planned for Darktide here >. They both have a place.

Thanks for addressing this.

1 Like

Looking forward to it.

4 Likes

noice

1 Like

Surely you also meant to add ā€˜For the God-Emperorā€™? We wouldnā€™t want to call ordo hereticus now, would we?

Shea nudh Asuryanish ereintha Asuryanat

ny2

3 Likes

I just got the game 3 days ago, i donā€™t have any DLC but so far iā€™m enjoying it. I also like the idea of the new game, letā€™s see how everything develops from here and maybe i get the new too.

1 Like

thank you guys, you are among the very few who make quality games based on :warhammer:arhammer. I loved Vermintide End Times, now I love Vemintide 2, and Iā€™m sure iā€™ll love darktide in the future.

4 Likes

Really appreciate the work you all do. Thanks to CA and FS all my Warhammer cravings are getting satisfied. :poultry_leg: :poultry_leg: :cup_with_straw:

3 Likes

I hope you not only remain committed to the Console game, but increase commitment. Especially since you now have a new game on Console to develop.

Not buying it. - Both this message to the community or any future DLC or game.

1 Like

Iā€™m so excited for Darktide! when i played the original Vermintide i fell in love with it and thought immediately that Fatshark needed to make a 40k version. Cant wait to play Darktide!

1 Like

So thatā€™s a no then to:

4 Likes

Lookinā€™ forward to both. Came back to VT2 for the balance beta; really glad you guys are embracing that part of the community. @Fatshark_Hedge, was told by Marten in his Reddit AMA a while back and have seen whispers on threads that some crafting/itemization changes for the core game are being considered, maybe even based on the Athanor. Think thatā€™s still on the table?

you posted that you were done with vt2 in 2018 yet here you are lmao see you when the next dlc drops and then again when darktide launches

1 Like

Honestly thanks for making a great game. There are still some things to fix, that people have mentioned ad nauseam like crafting, red drop rate, host migration, end game content, more cosmetics, more mod support etc. But luckily you can sprinkle those in with added content and make the game even better.

Looking forward to new sienna career

Looking forward to future v2 content

Looking forward to the fatshark spin on 40k with darktide

2 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s all well and good but why are the consoles so far behind everything else then. I play on Xbox but man ps4 is way back there. If the game is doing that well ā€œacross all platformsā€ then show the show us console players some love.

Consoles are both on the same patch, excluding platform specific hotfixes/adjustments. Theyā€™re currently on Season 2, Seasons of which have been the same length as on PC, since the games were released later than on PC.