1.0.7 Update - Expanded Patch Notes (Balance & Tweaks)

would you considere limiting the damage chipping through tougthness so you don’t loose HP if you are under 25% of your health so you can still try to fight even in dire state if you manage your tougthness.

I love the game for now and I hope to see it thrive :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same as other guy, with Zealot its not uncommon to survive with 1 hp due to the immunity, what happens is that imediately after that you die to a single random horde mob even if you have full toughness!
Maybe Zealot specifically needs some separate logic to avoid this?

2 Likes

@Ratherdone
Hi, any plans to tweak soon the “burn” (SoulBlaze) from Psyker? we have some traits and perks that works around it, but unless you use the ultimate whit “Ascending Blaze” at 6 stacks, the damage is literally 1 for tick.

“Ascending Blaze” have a chance to give 1 stack of Warp if an enemy dies from SoulBlaze damage, but if all the other sources that applies this modify have this low damage and havin in mind those are hard to apply like doing a crit attack… the whole system of the SoulBlaze is cleary not working as it should.

I understand you created a new sistem with “dot” stacking but it cleary need to be revised, specially if you put in raw “each attack provides x stack” the only weapons that will be benefit will be the fast weapons, so slow weapons should apply more stacks… etc

I really enjoined Sienna’s gameplay whit a build that works around the burn “whit a very Role Play and cool Flame Sword”. Hope SoulBlaze will be relevant as damage excluding the “Ascending Blaze”.

The stability in this patch is WAY worse than before it. I had maybe 3 crashes total before this patch. Now I crash 3 - 5 times per map.

1 Like

Is it confirmed whether the Limited Time Acquisitions are supposed to be hourly or daily? Mine are daily and my friends are hourly. It feels terrible.

Why can’t we just have buffs, why you gotta take stuff away.
Are you balancing for difficulty 1-3? 4-5?
Are you aiming for fun, neutered experience, or boring hard mode?
sigh

2 Likes

There were tons of buff this patch, what nerf is really bothering you?

Just hoping Kinetic Flayer is on the “completely remove and return to the drawing board” perk list personally.

Dodge tweak pass to remove kite-ability and edge-case slowdowns
Veteran: Reduce veteran “damage vs. far” talent to 20% (was 25%)
Veteran: Increased time for replenishing grenade talent to 60s (was 45s)
Veteran: Reduced proc chance for elite kills in coherency gives grenades to 5% (was 8%)
CBT changes to current for ogryn, vet, and preacher non-functionality

I will say it again, everything needs buffs, there is no reason for nerfs currently.

Veteran does comically obscene damage. You lost a tiny tiny amount compared to the +50% and +20%.

The grenade changes are pretty meaningless overall.

The dodging seems, fine? I can kite bosses endlessly with light weapons still.

Veteran towers over other classes in terms of damage atm.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter, fact is there were nerfs were there not?
Also wtf if its tiny why bother reduce it at all???
One more time for the one time, Buff everything, nerf nothing.
You also forgot to account for CBT phase to Prelaunch beta so I’ll say it
non-functioning preacher
rip ogryn bois
rip warp homies
+75% bonus ammo reserve NEUTERED to +40% for the Premier range class

Just cause X can do X doesn’t justify anything. You ain’t super saiyan, You ain’t gonna walk over a difficulty on your own, its still a team game. And if you can great, good job you’re like top 0.1%

1 Like
  • Tuned dodge curves to maintain a slower end of curve to disallow chain-dodge move speeds above sprinting (no kiting for you)

What exactly does this mean? Does this mean the time after a dodge before you’re allowed to dodge again was increased? If that’s what this means, this is an insane change considering melee is already worse than it was in VT2.

1 Like

i hate what they did to the doge too :frowning:

1 Like

Yes. because you could literally dodge faster than someone could sprint.

2 Likes

That is a horrible change and needs to be reverted if you’re correct. Limit the effective dodges on the problem weapons and perhaps lower their dodge distance multiplier, don’t nerf the entire dodge mechanic when it’s already nerfed compared to VT2. Awful decision.

2 Likes

I one hundred percent agree. As of right now in Darktide, unlike Vermintide 2, there’s simply no potential for amazing solo clutches in the hands of a skilled player when the other 3 are dead because of the chip damage. In fact, I’ve only ever seen Vet and Psyker solo clutch at all by just hiding behind the same piece of cover and just peaking to kill things one by one. Not AT ALL the coolest thing to spectate or even something to be optimistic about when the other 3 are dead. As in, if you’re the last one alive, you just end up having such a more defeatist attitude than you do in VT2.

Look, if you want to make darktide more teamwork dependent than VT2, then fine. I disagree (because part of what made VT2 so great was the ability to challenge yourself at the highest difficulty with bot solos and true solos thanks to the THP system), but that’s fine.

However, it shouldn’t be so team dependent that Zealot can’t be played as intended (I.e. in melee range, and not at full health) at the highest difficulties unless there’s two Zealots on the team boosting each other’s toughness regen and picking each other up when chip damage eventually takes them down (unless, like “intended,” the other two teammates are as good as they’re supposed to be in doing their job).

Making the bottom 25% of health be immune to chip damage (at least for Zealot and Ogryn) seems like one potential idea to fix this. Anything to increase the solo carry potential for truly skilled players.

Valuing team work is good but you SHOULDN’T LOWER THE SKILL CEILING AND RAISE THE SKILL FLOOR JUST TO DO IT.

Look, when it comes to “only buff never nerf,” I don’t think that’s always the right mindset when it comes to talents or weapons. But when it comes to the incentives of team play? IT ABSOLUTELY applies. Don’t punish your most hardcore fans when first time level 15s and 20s decide to try Heresy difficulty (or whatever 4/5 and 5/5 are called.)

7 Likes

I just really wanted to thank you guys for your work. I also realize that it’s rough to deal with fans that care so much that they’re borderline abusive (myself included, admittedly, trying to work on that) so I just wanted to put it out there that I’m still having great fun with the game and am super appreciative of what you guys made - and am very excited to see it continue to grow.

3 Likes

I agree, I may feel strongly about my gameplay design opinions but we should never attack anyone working on this game. It makes absolutely no sense to bring up your assumptions about their own personal character. It’s clear Fatshark care about making a great game and listening to us, and for the most part the game is extremely entertaining. You barely see me play anything else besides VT2 and DT and that’s worth something.

That said, I do and would greatly appreciate opportunities to discuss gameplay design choices.

1 Like

It’s hard being a fan (obviously being a developer is harder) and try to give constructive feedback for something that we really enjoy. I really enjoy darktide - when a decision is made that I find unoptimal, my kneejerk reaction is to throw my hat in the ring and say that I don’t like that decision because this game I love could be improved on. - Because ultimately that’s what we want right? The best game that could come to be. But it so often doesn’t come off that way at all.

Like, I have no idea about game design. I know elements of games that I like, but I have no clue on what goes on in development. Yet, to try and make something productive, I feel I have to suggest an alternative. Who knows, maybe my alternative idea sucks and now I’m just a shithead who thinks they know more than a full-time developer.

I love Fatshark actually has people in here looking at what people are saying. I just wished more people realize that they’re talking about changes that a human being thought was the right decision. There’s so many ways to express that you didn’t like a decision without coming off horribly, which ultimately are going to make the developers close up more and not want to engage with the players. You’re right, discussion about design choices is a great opportunity. Unfortunately too many self-entitled dickheads come out and start treating the devs like subhuman pieces of trash because they made a design choice they didn’t like.

2 Likes

I don’t understand all the nerfs this early on.

Psyker and Zealot feel terrible to play. Dodge just got nerfed, sprint is slow as hell for some reason. Game is super grindy and unrewarding compared to VT2. The UI is all over the place. The list goes on and on.

All this and the game launches in about a week? I seriously regret pre-ordering. I’m extremely disappointed.

I expected this to be a fun game to pick up and play with my wife just like VT2. It’s looking more like a chore right now. I sincerely hope you guys make this game as fun as vermintide was.

2 Likes

Look, I probably could have been a lot nicer in how I wrote my original comment. Still, reread my comment. I never called anyone at Fatshark anything.

I’m explaining my views about a gameplay decision that may offer perspectives that Fatshark hadn’t considered. I imagine sometimes game developers have no choice but to spend more time working on the game than playing it, which is the point of player feedback. At the very least it gives them the opportunity to explain to me why Darktide isn’t meant to be a game that a single person can salvage when the other three players are bad, or maybe explain to me why I’m a million miles off base in the first place like you said.

I’m not responsible for the people here actually being dickheads like that one “Doctor of Neuroscience” or whatever earlier. I don’t understand why you felt the need to call me out in particular.

1 Like