Red Duplicates

This subject has been adressed before and FS during a Stream talked about it a bit but no news since then.
Is there a plan to deal with red duplicates?

As an example I m mostly playing Slayer but got ALL ranged weapons for bardin duplicated which is quite annoying. I even got myself a third drakegun.

The dupes thing on cosmetic was adressed during last patch but no word on red?

11 Likes

Just gonna put this in here too…

9 Likes

Photoshop, it’s impossible to loot 2 red in the same chest, I don’t believe you mate, it can’t be true…
I have so much pain droping one, how dare you post this here ? :cry:

1 Like

I’ve done it twice. <.<
And of course i’d post it in a “duplicate reds” thread… xD

But then again, my red luck is pretty good. I have 42 of em… >.>
It’s all rng unfortunately… (I also 520 hours in the game so… effort)

Had it three times ^^.

Sorry, but I can attest that the screenshot posted here is not Photoshopped.

j_sat (a popular Youtube player who plays this game) got a Merchant-type chest in Legend and got 2 red items when he opened it. There was a short video of it too.

It was Kappa… sad Kappa.

1 Like

I also got my third hagbane, 2 of them are duplicate… I wont mention my 5 necklaces…

2 Likes

Sad to admit it, but seems like FS don’t considering current “red dupes” state as any kind of problem :disappointed_relieved:

Meanwhile got +1 trinket, it’ll be the 10th one “well played!”…

1 Like

Dude, that was pure sarcastic. Don’t take things so seriously.

It’s not the end of the world.

2 Likes

I’ve enough to open a jewellery shop, but there are so many necklaces around that I’d have trouble finding customers.

Defenetly not, but it’s kinda stupid that your “extremly rare reward” turns out usless crap, coz you have nothing to do with it.

I think he was referring to that phrase of devs

1 Like

Ah, nvm then, now I get what he was talking about.

I wrote something relating to this, reposting it here in the hopes it might be seen by the relevant parties :
"
Receiving duplicate illusions/reds rather than the ones you’d be interested in, is rather frustrating.
To circumvent this, It’d be nice if it would be possible to :

1.Exchange extracted illusions for other illusions from some sort of “Market” or “Trade Deport”.
2.Exchange reds for other reds, so that rather than getting items that I wont be using and getting frustrated, instead these items would be viewed as currency to acquire red items you would use (again, some sort of “Market” or “Trade Deport”).

Both of these would go a long way to mitigating bad RNG and to alleviate frustrations with being given loot (especially repeated loot) that wont get used. The exact exchange rates of which are up to the devs, assuming this idea would be considered. In such an event, I’d suggest 1 red weapon in exchange for another, perhaps even only within the same category/class, as well as 1 red utility item in exchange for another, as well as the option to exchange multiple red utility items in exchange for a red weapon of choice.
Similiarly the same could be done with Illusions, ranking them from most common/least decorative to most decorative, and thus setting the exchange rates that way.

Also I’d like to note I’m not suggesting this be done between players, I’d like to see this as a purely NPC function.

~Regards GhostRider.
"

1 Like

Yea, I constantly get red necklaces. Even on my 4th one, I was still trying to see the bright side. Hey, I can try different builds now, spec some out for tanks and so on. Have some with the same properties but different traits, etc. But after they keep dropping… well, I’m not so positive about the necklaces anymore lol.

Meanwhile, out of all my reds, only two have been primary weapons, melee… And they’re both for weapons I don’t use lol.

1 Like

I’m becoming real tired of the duplicate situation (as if i wasn’t tired of it from the beginning already) but now am sitting at 5 + of basically every accessory , i just want to play the game with shiny weapons Fatshark i don’t care about stats :confused:

2 Likes

It’s like the game notices you using different necklaces and goes “Oh, I see you like necklaces. Here, have another one”.

I was happy when I got my second red necklace since I don’t want every career to carry natural bond, but after the 4th I was… not so happy anymore.

2 Likes

@FoxCunning @SmokerT69

There is already 2 “necklaces” post on 1st page, so I think this explanation is needed.

Also, considering jewelry droprates, it’s pretty real to get 6-8 of them in a row. Ask @Revy if you do not believe me.

1 Like