A few questions for fatshark

First, ty for creating the new forum for vt1. I will try to get the word circulating in game and ask others to do so too. This is a much better place to gather the community together and I want to, again, thank you for creating this forum.

I have a few questions/concerns/ideas

1: something changed on the summoner peak map within the last few months.
When you run with solo with bots the bots 90%+ of the time get stuck on the very first drop down on the map (near the start). They remained stuck until the player makes it a few hundred meters into the map - roughly on the path up the hill under the little tiny land bridge that leads to the overlook where two health often are. This is a concern on NM and cata because assassins and hookrats will come with a pack making it likely the player will wipe while the bots sit there stuck.

2: the daily quests and contracts are great. They keep players involved and playing, give some nice buffs, and allow us to get specific items. I don’t know ANYONE that dislikes this q&c system.

I would like to ask if its possible that maybe we hold a vote (nonbinding) for some items. Not always but sometimes. There are some items that appear a ton (bolt, conflag staffs) and some that never appear (axe and shield for bardin, a good bow for elf - examples). I’m not asking for getting to pick traits, etc - just the chance to say what gear we need/want and to know you all hear us. A simple vote would be nice.

This carries advantages for you all too.
It allows you the chance to maybe convince loyal, hardcore fans that like the vt1 game as it is but maybe don’t play vt2 to Perhaps buy it or more dlc or whatever.
It keeps your vt1 fans engaged and active.
Since the game is done it gives a lighter forum where not everything is verbal diarrhea and interaction can be a little more fun.
It might even spark more interest in vt1 from those who have vt2 but never had vt1.
There is no real down side.

3 Likes

Man, I hear you - bots have often had a really hard time on Summoner’s Peak! Having to press on without them is a big pain.

fatshark

• is some feedback/requests something you would be willing to consider for the quest board rewards?

• is fixing the bots refusing to come off the ledge in summoners peak something that might be repaired at some point?

1: something changed on the summoner peak map within the last few months […] is fixing the bots refusing to come off the ledge in summoners peak something that might be repaired at some point?

We’ve not updated the game in the last few months, so I guess this issue has been around since at latest our last update in February (it sounds familiar but it’s been a long road since then!)? I can’t really say for sure what updates are to come for Vermintide 1 - I know we’re still looking to get mod support in there but Robin, the man in charge of the mod environment in V2, is very busy still working with modders on the experience in V2 and the team is still working to get source assets and toolchains established for those modders as well. If and when mods come to Vermintide 1, I would put a case to have the bot improvements mod sanctioned which would negate the trouble you describe with bots not jumping down from the ledge on SP and allow players to play with slightly more OP bots (and with more control over them) given the smaller community size since the sequel was released.

2: I would like to ask if its possible that maybe we hold a vote (nonbinding) for some items. Not always but sometimes. There are some items that appear a ton (bolt, conflag staffs) and some that never appear (axe and shield for bardin, a good bow for elf - examples). I’m not asking for getting to pick traits, etc - just the chance to say what gear we need/want and to know you all hear us. A simple vote would be nice.

The system currently works almost entirely through our favourite mechanism of RNG. I’ll be honest, I don’t see the team adding a vote-style system to allow players to vote or select the items that become available on the Bounty Board, but I’ve passed the idea on all the same. Given that V1 is in a different place now with the advent of V2, it would be a nice idea for the completionists out there :slight_smile:

4 Likes

1: that would make sense. I was mostly single player for a long time with bots. Then when multiplayer to go higher levels of difficulty. Then back to single player. Which came shortly after that update. So most likely that was when summoner peak got the problem and it took me a few months to notice due to not playing often alone.

2: with the smaller community size its more about survival while playing. Good gear becomes pretty essential in a limited player base. I’ve got hats out the wazoo but really need a decent axe and shield, kwim? For what its worth I don’t think it would be difficult to get your player base up with the game if it was given attention.

Thanks for giving me the info. I much appreciate it. This is stuff we talk about in game and I’ve started spreading the word around.

Would you all be willing to implement a red dust system or allow upgrades from orange to red?

to my mind there are really two options…

1: you all consider this game sorta “done” and although you want people to have fun playing it … well, it doesnt really matter to you if anyone does actually play it

2: you would like to have people continue playing this game.

if the second is the way you all feel then you might want to do a little looking into how much the various daily quests impact the play time of people. by my observations people get angry/discouraged/annoyed/insert whatever when they see blue and sometimes even GREEN trash on the quest board and dont even bother doing the quests. as this continues day after day they eventually stop coming back.

Sorry to bother, but were there any news about this in the past 9 months?

2 Likes