Some people have reported problems loading the backend plugin. If you get a popup on startup saying "Error loading backend plugin" we might be able to help each other.
We have a version of the plugin that talks to the backend that is a work in progress and that we are not really ready to launch full scale yet. Which might solve your problems - and in the process you help us narrow down the problem.
So, how do I try this 'plugin'? You might ask. Well, follow the easy steps below and hopefully you can try out the game.
1) Download "fishtank_pluginw32_publicdev.dll" attached to this post.
2) Locate your Steam folder, normally this would be in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam"
but if you for some reason changed it you can find it in steam by clicking Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> STEAM LIBRARY FOLDERS.
3) Open the Steam folder in explorer and then navigate to SteamApps\common\Warhammer End Times Vermintide Public Test\binaries\plugins
4) Rename the "fishtank_pluginw32_publicdev.dll" located in that folder to "fishtank_pluginw32_publicdev.dll.bak"
5) Copy the downloaded "fishtank_pluginw32_publicdev.dll" in to that folder.
6) Launch the game from within Steam and keep your fingers crossed.
This should result in a different error:
"Error. 'Wrong transition: Going from state "connection connect" to "connection intialized"'
Please let us know your results so that we can track down the root of this issue!