The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Fails to launch on start-up (black screen)

RootBeerGuyRootBeerGuy 12 PointsMember, Level1
Hi, I'm having an error where on launch  the game goes in, and I see the black-screen. However after this point it just disappears and it is no longer listed in the windows task manager. I've tried verifying the files and it seams to re-download the same file (same size) after each verification. I'm running windows 10 but it has not caused any other gaming errors such as this before, so I don't think its that. I've also tried running the app as an administrator, this hasn't made a difference. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Comments

• BlondieBlondie 412 PointsAdministrator, Fatshark
    Hello

We have not tried playing Lead and Gold on Windows 10, so we don't know what issues might arise on that platform. The game is built using a version of the diesel engine which is now considered old. That's why you might not experience issues with some games, but you will with others.
    Livestream Producer / IT-Technician | @ omfgblondie
  • RootBeerGuyRootBeerGuy 12 PointsMember, Level1
    Thanks for the heads up. Its just that I do not think its OS related as a peer of mine, on the steam forum, has the perfect reiteration of my problem, and he's running Windows 10. As it is definitely likely (that its the OS) I haven't ruled anything out.
    Any other ideas though?
    Many thanks, Blondie.
    Regards,
    RootBeerGuy :')  
This discussion has been closed.