The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

vermintide survival game mode

ToutatrixToutatrix 176 PointsMember, Level4
What about an actual solo survival mode ?

It could use the current missions or some new ones, the goal would be for a solo player to fulfill the mission on his own.

The pitch : you managed to free yourself from prisonner state and try to come back to inn on your own through a very hostile place.

The player, for having obviously been robbed by skaven, would begin the mission with no range weapon nor trinket and only a random white melee weapon stolen to skaven. He could then progress through the mission and find some better weapons on his way, as a ranged weapon to help him reaching the end.

If the player would manage to make it through to the end he would then earn the 2 weapons he's got : the melee as the range weapon.

The game mode should be very difficult for being played alone as should feature several difficulty levels allowing to find suited weapons :
- green max in hard
- blue max in nightmare
- orange max in cataclysm
Suffer not exploiters to loot. Burn the lame players, kill the skaven and purge the bugs.
Most awaited new heroes :
1- warrior priest of Sigmar
2- wood elf wardancer/eternal guard
3- bretonnian questing knight
http://forums.fatsharkgames.com/discussion/1514/future-classes-i-d-like-to-play#latest

Comments

• Jakal_of_Kazak_VlagJakal_of_Kazak_Vlag 158 PointsMember, Level4
    nah, this honestly sounds like you're trying to hard to make an argument for a less fun game.
  • ToutatrixToutatrix 176 PointsMember, Level4
    No, this is just a new game mode suggestion dedicated to players looking for actual challenge, I can understand you do not find it fun though.

This is already the case anyway : there are many vids of players soloing several cata missions.

Devs quite a while back talked about such a solo game mode, specifically harder thus reserved for the most skilled players able to deal with any kind of special or threat on their own. They never referred about it since then though : they may have abandonned the idea... After all the crying and the whining about RNG as overall difficulty, wouldn't be much surprising.

I'm just suggesting how it could be made, if ever it comes back into the list.
    Suffer not exploiters to loot. Burn the lame players, kill the skaven and purge the bugs.
    http://forums.fatsharkgames.com/discussion/1514/future-classes-i-d-like-to-play#latest
    challange? where's the challange. all you said was you want double the rewards for playing with yourself, and you'd want to be able to upgrade your weapon in-game. that's easier. and a lot of work for it besides, since weapons aren't added to your inventory until after the match in the current build.
    There's already a coop last stand game mode, there's no point adding a second one...

Did you even try to solo a mission beginning with white weapons ? That's not easy at all, especially at high difficulty levels, it could be a nightmare or even cata exclusive mode though, to be unlocked once you've finished all nightmare or cata missions.

Besides I don't think that would be hard to allow player to pick a new weapon on the fly : they just could add some chests with only one weapon throughtout the mission, pretty well hidden for the most interesting ones, like the one at the beginning of any mission.
    Toutatrix said:

Besides I don't think that would be hard to allow player to pick a new weapon on the fly.

the
    game
    engine
    doesn't
    work
    that
    way

seriously, programming is pretty far from easy, and the backend stuff is always far more work than you'd think (partly because for every "great" idea you have to go through the existing code and sort out everything that doesn't work with that idea because it was the easy way to design it at the time.
  • QuanrianQuanrian 117 PointsMember, Level4
    Personally, I do not like seeing anything as impossible. There are ways to make a mode like this work just not exactly as the TC wants. Games have sliced up content that was once larger to work on less powerful systems before and the concept here would be no different. Currently, the levels are fairly large but they could be broken down into either thirds or quarters and at the end of each you would get 'some' reward before moving onto the next. However, I am not going to suggest the developers do this but it is how 'I' would do it.
    Eat the game before it devours your life!
    Quanrian said:

Personally, I do not like seeing anything as impossible. There are ways to make a mode like this work just not exactly as the TC wants. Games have sliced up content that was once larger to work on less powerful systems before and the concept here would be no different. Currently, the levels are fairly large but they could be broken down into either thirds or quarters and at the end of each you would get 'some' reward before moving onto the next. However, I am not going to suggest the developers do this but it is how 'I' would do it.

Interesting, I'd love to play solo some linear missions (horn of magnus, engine of war, smuggler run, the enemi below, garden of morr) like this, with some bet at each new part : either you get out with the weapons you managed to secure to that point or pick up some better ones and try to gamble your way deeper into the mission.
  • QuanrianQuanrian 117 PointsMember, Level4
    Might actually be interesting if they had a sequence of any sort where if you failed it was game over. In other words, you had to survive successive missions that could even scale up in difficulty. This might function in a way like the endless dungeon some games provide as end game content.
    Eat the game before it devours your life!
This discussion has been closed.