The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Waywatcher's Longbow and one-handed sword

TheWiseTheWise 54 PointsMember, Level3
So, without long introductions.

Problem: The Longbow - curently (after 1.5) doesn't have any real advantages over the Swift Bow - higher damage is overcompensated by lower ammunition and lower speed. Thus - there's no incentive to use exactly it. Limited (2-3 rats) multiple penetration on charged shot is a cold comfort.
Suggested solutions:
a) armor penetration on normal attack - all the more so, that even description says, that "arcane bodkin arrows are ensorcelled to pierce the armor etc.", thus draw length of the bow shouldn't play any role;
b) charged shot should penetrate more rats - 4-5 at least (if not have unlimited penetration, like crossbows do).

Problem: the Waywatcher's one-handed sword is inferior not only to the rest of her weapons, but also to all one-handed weapons of other characters.
Suggested solution: replacing the 1h sword by the elven spear - something like these dudes have:

or like one of these toy bits

imageimage

In fact - all these are elven swords fixed on long shafts.

Gameplay-wise it should:

a) either have their normal attack as a very fast thrust hitting single target and charged attack as a nearly horizontal hewing strike, hitting multiple targets in wide ark;
b) or be a way faster version of two-handed sword with, maybe, vertical overhead armor-piercing charged attack

Comments

• QuanrianQuanrian 117 PointsMember, Level4
    edited January 18
    Pretty sure the Longbow thing has been brought up before. It's just as true now as it was then that yes it should have penetration on non-charge because it's literally just stupid that it doesn't. I actually didn't realize the Longbow was the "armor piercing" bow for that precise reason and kept 'hoping' like a fool I would get it not realizing I already and it just sucked... As for the sword, I really wouldn't miss it if it they did replace it and not sure why anyone would.
    Eat the game before it devours your life!
  • TheWiseTheWise 54 PointsMember, Level3
    Quanrian said:

Pretty sure the Longbow thing has been brought up before. It's just as true now as it was then that yes it should have penetration on non-charge because it's literally just stupid that it doesn't. I actually didn't realize the Longbow was the "armor piercing" bow for that precise reason and kept 'hoping' like a fool I would get it not realizing I already and it just sucked... As for the sword, I really wouldn't miss it if it they did replace it and not sure why anyone would.

If even there are already topics about the Longbow - how many times the question about one-hand weapons was raised before they are made at least semi-decent (except exactly Waywatcher's one)?
    As for spear instead of one-handed sword - it would be even a kind of elegant solution: all Waywatcher's melee weapons would be either double-wielded or two-handed ones in this case.

• IvanDeliriumIvanDelirium 70 PointsMember, Level2
    1 h sword for the Elf is one of the best ( killing blow perk weapon ) . For Longbow a true "headshot " will be better .

1 h sword for the Elf is one of the best ( killing blow perk weapon ) . For Longbow a true "headshot " will be better .

Is it better, than Empire Soldier's one with the same perk? I'd say, hardly ....

• QuanrianQuanrian 117 PointsMember, Level4
    I wont really defend 1 handed swords because honestly I do not find they offer enough playstyle wise. As it stands now though, I do believe it is the only 1 hander for the Elf and thus the only one that gets the 'extra' dodge distance if I am not mistaken that came with all 1 handers in the 1.5 update.
    Eat the game before it devours your life!
  • Jakal_of_Kazak_VlagJakal_of_Kazak_Vlag 158 PointsMember, Level4
    i cannot wrap my head around why you would think the elf's sword is somehow inferior to the other swords, they play identically. it's actually just sienna's flaming sword combo with a better charged attack for stormvermin.
  • DwlrDwlr 13 PointsMember, Level1
    No issue with the one-handed sword personally, yeah I don't use it, but it's not a bad weapon either just not for me. There's always going to be weapons you don't use and you can't ameliorate all of them to equal levels as somebody is always going to feel they're too weak or they're going to find the perfect weapon that they discount all the other weapons for that character.

As for the longbow I'd like to see 3 things:
    -Armor Piercing on hipfire
    -2-3 piercing on hipfire
    -At least 3 piercing on full draw

I do like the Longbow, but I generally feel like between the two comparable the Trueflight Longbow has obvious advantages over the Trueflight. I've had hit detection issues on the Xbox with the arrow based weapons including the x-bows on the other characters which the Trueflight does fix so that's pretty significant. (before it's said I've had issues with pointblank shots mostly where there's no chance that I missed.)

I wouldn't mind Hail to proc a the multishot in a fan pattern instead giving a bit of a horizontal AoE instead of the current, but meh not really important.
  • Niv3sNiv3s 22 PointsMember, Level1
    As it stand in 1.5 the charged attack of the longbow hits 5 rats (so don't know what you're talking about),
    the crossbow only pierces through 5 (so none of this "unlimited piercing")
    The 1h sword is great, just don't expect to be able to cleave through groups of rats
    Niv3s said:

As it stand in 1.5 the charged attack of the longbow hits 5 rats (so don't know what you're talking about),
    the crossbow only pierces through 5 (so none of this "unlimited piercing")
    The 1h sword is great, just don't expect to be able to cleave through groups of rats

Actually, none of the WW's melee weapons (except, maybe, glaive - which is rather a bardiche, than a glaive, but nonetheless) cleave throung "groups of rats". But paired weapons are at least fast enough to not make it that noticeable.

This discussion has been closed.