The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

More armor-piercing melee weapons for Empire Soldier.

TheWiseTheWise 54 PointsMember, Level3
edited January 13 in Suggestions
Actually, topic. And let me itemize a bit - under "armor-piercing weapons" I understand and mean here ones with NORMAL armor-piercing attack (not charged one).

And what we see in our poor Empire Soldier's melee weapons? The only weapon with armor penetration on normal attack is - yep, two-handed hammer. And that's it. Which (IMO, of course), especially with amounts of Stormvermin tripled, if not quadrupled after 1.5, is not enough at all.
Just to compare - the closest (by role) character, the Dwarf Ranger - has one-hand axe, axe and shield, two-handed hammer, two-handed axe and, since recently, a pick. All these weapons have armor penetration on normal attack. In fct, the only Dwarf's weapons without armor penetration on normal attack are one-handed hammer and "hammer and shield" combo. Disbalance, to say the least.

Suggestion concerning this is - yes, adding some new melee weapons to the Kruber's arsenal:

a) 1h war hammer. But real-life, not fantasy one - I mean something like this:

or this

or, maybe, this

From the game mechanic point of view it could be sometning like a one-handed pick. With armor penetration on both normal and charged attacks.

b) the same war hammer and shield - could be a kind of equivalent of the Dwarf's "axe and shield" combo;

c) a poleaxe, I mean this merry thing:

or this

In full size and compared with a man it looks like this

Gameplay-wise - the glaive is the closest analogue (BTW, still don't understand, why it's called "a glaive", for it's rather a bardiche. Stormvermins' weapon is way more a glaive, than this).

Comments

• Jakal_of_Kazak_VlagJakal_of_Kazak_Vlag 158 PointsMember, Level4
    the reason the elf's axe is called a glaive is because elves relate axes to dwarfs and don't want to concede anything they prefer is a good choice.
  • QuanrianQuanrian 117 PointsMember, Level4
    edited January 14
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Flail for Markus. It's a weapon I have always found to be fun to play around with in games. Though, now that I have seen some neat stuff on Chain Whips I would love to just see that in the game period.
    Eat the game before it devours your life!
  • TheWiseTheWise 54 PointsMember, Level3
    Quanrian said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a Flail for Markus. It's a weapon I have always found to be fun to play around with in games. Though, now that I have seen some neat stuff on Chain Whips I would love to just see that in the game period.

Flails? Yes, that was one of my ideas as well - a kind of mace with armor penetration. All the more so, that there are flails with two-three-four striking elements (balls, cones, rings etc.)., which solves the problems with amount of targets hit.
    But - I'd like to see some new characters from Kislev as well (more details here), and flails would fit to them way more, that to good ol' Kruber :-))

Well as far as new Characters go I wouldn't hold my breath on that. I am glad they shot for five instead of four but I think if they wanted more we would have seen 'something' by now. Now if you combine fire with a Chain Whip you of course get a Fire Chain Whip for our Bright Mage.
    Quanrian said:

Well as far as new Characters go I wouldn't hold my breath on that. I am glad they shot for five instead of four but I think if they wanted more we would have seen 'something' by now. Now if you combine fire with a Chain Whip you of course get a Fire Chain Whip for our Bright Mage.

As for new characters/enemies - not necessarily: there still can be an add-on (normal or standalone one) with (it's a kind of dream) Warrior Priest of Sigmar, Bretonnian Knight, two Kislev characters (Boyarin and Ice Witch) and, say, someone of Dwarven or (High or Dark) Elven origin. And Chaos as a main enemy.

Well, the reason we are likely to 'not' see what you're describing along with the mountain of other suggestions is licensing. Weapons seem to be easiest for them just by looking at their history of what content they add consistently. Not saying it's impossible (love Dark Elves!) but it's also veering heavily off topic. Sorry though, I know I encouraged it.
    Quanrian said:

Well, the reason we are likely to 'not' see what you're describing along with the mountain of other suggestions is licensing. Weapons seem to be easiest for them just by looking at their history of what content they add consistently. Not saying it's impossible (love Dark Elves!) but it's also veering heavily off topic. Sorry though, I know I encouraged it.

Licensing? I may be wrong, but hardly each and every character to include to the game shall be a subject to licensing - the GW's license is in most cases a general one.

Could be but most of other Warhammer games also tend to cover a very broad range of content from the universe. This is obviously not the case with Vermintide asides from new locales. Either way I would prefer they stick to what they can accomplish and that does seem to be weapons. Other elements besides fire are welcome in any form even as a bomb since those direly lack variety.
    Quanrian said:

Could be but most of other Warhammer games also tend to cover a very broad range of content from the universe. This is obviously not the case with Vermintide asides from new locales. Either way I would prefer they stick to what they can accomplish and that does seem to be weapons. Other elements besides fire are welcome in any form even as a bomb since those direly lack variety.

If they aren't gonna add any new characters - then yes, flail is a a rather good option for good ol' Markus, But if they are - I for one would preserve the flail for some Kislev character.

• Jakal_of_Kazak_VlagJakal_of_Kazak_Vlag 158 PointsMember, Level4
    TheWise said:

If they aren't gonna add any new characters - then yes, flail is a a rather good option for good ol' Markus, But if they are - I for one would preserve the flail for some Kislev character.

kislev isn't exactly known for flails......more of a saber and axe people. the empire is much bigger on them (but since they don't seem to be able to make flexible weapons they didn't get any as yet).
    edited January 29

TheWise said:

kislev isn't exactly known for flails......more of a saber and axe people. the empire is much bigger on them (but since they don't seem to be able to make flexible weapons they didn't get any as yet).
    Kislev - isn't. Russia (which - along with Poland - is a kind of RL equivalent of Kislev) - is. As much as for sabre, axe, bow and arrows (oriental heritage), and non-repeating firearms (handuns, named "pishchal", and pistols).

P.S. Flails, actually, are present in the game - the Skaven use them extensively :-))
This discussion has been closed.