The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Connection Issue

lafargolafargo 12 PointsMember, Level1
Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out an issue I am having. My wife and I both bought the game but we are unable to connect to each others game, same house. When we try to connect we just get a black screen with the loading icon in the bottom. It will stay like this for a long time. I noticed upon hitting escape it will open the in game chat box and we can both see anything we type in there.
For the person that is awaiting the other to join they will see the other member join and then their health will drop to 0 and the portrait will change to a skull and crossbones. If you try and disband party at that point it will freeze up your game.
My brother, in a different state, can not join either of our games either. Same thing as above will happen to him. We are able to join his game and all play together but we need to connect to him.
Any suggestions on what we need to do to play together without a 3rd party?

Comments

• SushiForYouSushiForYou 12 PointsMember, Level1
    I've been having this exact same thing also. I can't even join other games without myself having a skull but I can walk around and be invincible, nontargetable, and invisible. I have no idea what kind of bug this is and I've tried restarting steam, restarting Vermintide, power cycling my router and modem. I pretty much gave up on the game but I have a friend that bought it during the Winter Sale so I tried it again and come back to this. Clearly, we aren't the only ones with this problem.
  • SushiForYouSushiForYou 12 PointsMember, Level1
    Update: I got it to work with LogMeIn Hamachi. My friend and I both have Hamachi so we created a network and both got into that and managed to play seamlessly with my friend as the host. I would imagine any other software similar to Hamachi (i.e. Tunngle) would produce the same results. I have yet to try online play with other random players because I'm sure it won't work without them being in the same network. Although, as long as my friend is the host and I connect to him, I can play online seemly fine.
This discussion has been closed.