The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Some silly moments and ways to improve them

TheWiseTheWise 54 PointsMember, Level3
edited December 2016 in Suggestions
Without long introductions - certain moments in the game, which I for one consider rather silly. And, respectively, ways to fix them.

1. Witch Hunter's rapier is for some strange reason paired with a purely decorative, non-shooting pistol, which is seen only while blocking. Why pistol? There is a better combination - rapier and dagger (maine gauche).

It's like this

or this

or, maybe, this

It would look way more logical. Plus - exactly the dagger / maine gauche could be the weapon for charged armor-piercing attack (as it was IFRL).

2. Charged attacks for all "weapon + shield" combinations. Sorry, but mere shield bash as a charged, armor-piercing attack? Am I the only one, for whom it looks fairly stupid?
My suggestions here would be as follows:

- ES's sword and shield - shield bash remains, but - as a stunlock or staggering the enemy before actual attack: a thrust done with sword (pretty much like WH does with his rapier);

- ES's mace and shield - shield bash as a stunlock or staggering plus an overhead strike with longer and slower swing-up, than one for normal attacks;

- DR's hammer and shield - pretty much like ES's mace and shield;

- DR's axe and shield - shield bash as a stunlock or staggering strike, accompanied with overhead strike, pretty similar to one of the one-handed axe without shield;

IMO it would add some more immersion to the game.

Comments

• Halvars90Halvars90 56 PointsMember, Level3
    you can shoot with the pistol, check the settings.
  • Jakal_of_Kazak_VlagJakal_of_Kazak_Vlag 158 PointsMember, Level4
    look at this guy that forgot to check the control settings!
  • TheWiseTheWise 54 PointsMember, Level3

look at this guy that forgot to check the control settings!

Just checked ... did not find anything similar. Where on Earth this setting is?

P.S. Still consider using the "rapier+dagger" combo more logical, than "rapier+pistol" (even after possible finding of this setting).
    jesus man... When you use the rapier, do you not see that you have 16 shots? I don't remember what the "action" is called in the setting but as far as I know only rapier uses this function. I have mine set on one of my mouse-buttons on the side. (the pistol is not that great anyway)

Rapier+dagger combo might be a good idea idk, I don't even like the rapier.

There you go
  • QuanrianQuanrian 117 PointsMember, Level4
    I am not opposed to a variant seeing as how there are variants for shields and it is more or less his signature weapon.
    Eat the game before it devours your life!
    edited January 6
    Halvars90 said:

There you go

Aha, that's where it is .... saw it, but - my mouse doesn't have extra buttons, only regular ones and a wheel :-))
    Quanrian said:

I am not opposed to a variant seeing as how there are variants for shields and it is more or less his signature weapon.

Exactly, and - this would be wa-ay more immersive (the archer, crossbowman and historical re-enactor IFRL speaks now). Plus - yet another weapon, which could fit the Witch Hunter, is a basket-hilted sword, like this schiavona

or this scottish (broad)sword

It could be an absolutely normal arming sword gameplay-wise, just in certain visual style

The mouse wheel on many modern mice also function as a third button when you press them in rather than use the scrolling. However, it is going to be a tad awkward since mouse scroll is for weapon swapping if I recall correctly. You might instead put it on a keyboard key you are comfortable with.
    edited January 7
    Quanrian said:

The mouse wheel on many modern mice also function as a third button when you press them in rather than use the scrolling. However, it is going to be a tad awkward since mouse scroll is for weapon swapping if I recall correctly. You might instead put it on a keyboard key you are comfortable with.

It's not, that I need this function that much of .... was just wondering, why that pistol is there, if it does not shoot. And - repeat - still consider the "rapier + dagger" a better and more logical combo, than current "rapier + pistol" one.

BTW, am I the only one, who sees only four fins (or flanges) on the in-game flanged mace instead of must-be at least six or seven ones?

You should take quite a bit of the weapon's visual design as artistic choice since these are fictional weapons and likely some liberty must have been taken for the sake of variety. If you look at them in a practical manner it quickly becomes a mess. As for the gun, yes it fires but you may find it a pain to use as it tends to feel awkward to aim it properly due to it not being readied first and is basically hip fired instead.
    Quanrian said:

You should take quite a bit of the weapon's visual design as artistic choice since these are fictional weapons and likely some liberty must have been taken for the sake of variety. If you look at them in a practical manner it quickly becomes a mess. As for the gun, yes it fires but you may find it a pain to use as it tends to feel awkward to aim it properly due to it not being readied first and is basically hip fired instead.

Definitely, most of them are fantasy weapons with little to no practical value .... most, but not all. WH's rapiers, DR's and WH's axes, ES's swords, BW's maces look pretty close to real ones. As for flanged mace - it could look so, but these 4 flanges ruined it.

This discussion has been closed.