The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Vermintide 2 idea

Daimler_StoolDaimler_Stool 13 PointsMember, Level1
Hullo thar. Ever since I completed the last vanilla mission The White Rat (and the "ending" speech cinematic) for the first time, I've been wondering what's in store next for Vermintide or a possible sequal.

I've come to a conclusion that it would be too time consuming to implement a straight forward expansion to Vermintide that would, for example, consist of a full new campaign set in somewhere where the enemies would be Greenskins/Vampire Counts/Forces of Chaos instead of the Skaven.

So i've come up with a very basic setting and idea for a Vermintide 2 game.

Go even bigger, have the game set in the Storm of Chaos-era where Archaon the Everchosen is laying siege to the whole Empire kingdom and have the game mainly focus on the last siege/battle of Middenheim where all armies clashed. This way you can have multiple different enemy types implemented in the game, like the huge armor-clad Black Orcs (to replace Stormvermins) or zombies of the Vampire Counts to be the new swarms, Dark Elf assassins to replace the Clan Eshin ones and so on and so on. Huge variety of enemies to choose from!

Here are also some new playable classes i've been thinking over:

Dwarf Slayer, a replacement for the Waywarden, dual wielding 1-handed axes for a flurry of attacks or trade them in for a 2-handed axe for devastating blows. For ranged attacks maybe some sorta throwing axes or maybe even abilities like leap?

High Elf Mage to replace the Bright Wizard, using wands and tomes to cast High magic like the iconic magic missile Fury of Khaine.

A Knight of the White Wolf, a 2-handed hammer wielding templar warrior worshipping the Winter God of War Ulric of the Northern Empires. Since they detest firearms maybe he could have all sorts of amulets that could offer protection or boost his strength?

A Tilean Crossbowman, a dog of war, mercenary for hire. Having excelled in long range weaponry, he could have all manner of different guns and crossbow variations. For melee maybe something different like a halberd or a spear?

High Elf Swordmaster of Hoeth or a White Lion of Chrace, wielding their 2-handed swords and axes with deadly speed and efficiency.

An Engineer from Altdorf, this character could have all sorts of experimental weapons and gadgets. From a grenade lobbing gun to electrified stun rod.

Dwarven Runesmith, this could be some sorta alternative dwarf magic user and a little different from traditional magic wielders.

Lots of ideas to choose from and this is just from the top of my head! Feel free to participate in the discussion and throw in your own ideas!

Comments

• SzalonyNiemiecSzalonyNiemiec 23 PointsMember, Level2
    this would be way better as a DLC
  • Jakal_of_Kazak_VlagJakal_of_Kazak_Vlag 158 PointsMember, Level4
    at least you understand you're asking for a full sequel and not a simple expansion....

Dwarven Runesmith, this could be some sorta alternative dwarf magic user and a little different from traditional magic wielders.

runesmiths don't actually have spells. they can only really enchant objects. the MMO was WAY off about that for reasons i never got an explanation for.
  • QuanrianQuanrian 117 PointsMember, Level4
    I cry a little and die a little thinking about a new game when I haven't even tried the newest DLC and likely wont until that wretched pink holiday shows up again...
    Eat the game before it devours your life!
  • NitrossNitross 22 PointsMember, Level1

this would be way better as a DLC

New game or DLC... why not both?

Use the Guild Wars 1 "Campaign" idea: each could be played as a standalone game but acted as an expansion to the other Campaigns if you had them.

So, you could have a "Warhammer: End Times - Waaagh! of the Greenskins" with 5 new protagonists fighting against orks and goblins as a standalone game. But, you could play one of the original 5 characters in it like a DLC if you also own "Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide" or even revisit the original game with the new characters.
This discussion has been closed.