The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

blue health bar, faulty med packs and handgun hit registration (again)

sfoxxsfoxx 12 PointsUnconfirmed, Level2
so, first of all - my experience post patch is definitely better. Disconnected from host messages are few and far between and I haven't been disconnected at the victory screen (yet?) and not a single crash-to-dashboard. Not sure if everyone else has noticed an improvement, but in my experience the game is noticeably more stable. But...a few minor gripes/queries

- couple a times I've used medpacks (bandages) after being downed and didn't get any health, still on white health? Doesn't happen often, but when it does...ouch!

- more frequently, part of my health bar will turn blue (maybe 2 segments), then a few seconds later that health disappears, or one segment will disappear and the other segment go back to green. What's that about?

-handgun hit registration -again. I've mentioned this in another post and not sure if it's specific to handguns or applies to other ranged weapons? Mostly, it's spot-on, other times I can consistently "hit" a stationary target at close range, but deal no damage and get no hit-marker. I haven't been around long enough to know if this is a known issue on PC and being worked on, or something specific to consoles.

- lastly (yep my complaining is almost done) - when rats drop from the sky directly behind me (middle of an open area, no buildings or ledges nearby)n and I hear the very distinctive sound indicating a rat has just spawned - that's fine. I've gotten into the habit of immediately blocking and then turning round to deal with them - but - quite frequently I get hit before the blocking animation completes and I get hit. Not sure if this is due to lag and hearing the sound too late, or rats sometimes spawning a few feet behind giving me time to block, while other times spawning RIGHT behind me and immediately attacking, but it's becoming an issue as I move through the difficulty levels where even a single rat can take off a huge chunk of health. I should note that this issue isn't due to the last patch, it happened before - it just wasn't that important on lower difficulties.

Again not sure how much of this is known already, and the game is performing much better than on launch. Keep up the good work

Comments

• sfoxxsfoxx 12 PointsUnconfirmed, Level2
    I lied - In have another "last" complaint - silent packmasters. I know the audio can be obscured by other sounds, but even without any environmental noise or character dialogue, I and others have noticed completely silent ninja- packmasters appearing - now the most hated special in the game, especially when we get 2 at once. Please fix?
  • JustifireJustifire 32 PointsUnconfirmed, Level2
    sfoxx said:

I lied - In have another "last" complaint - silent packmasters. I know the audio can be obscured by other sounds, but even without any environmental noise or character dialogue, I and others have noticed completely silent ninja- packmasters appearing - now the most hated special in the game, especially when we get 2 at once. Please fix?

Experienced this too in combination with some serious lag.
    They come around the corner, you shoot and *click* the hook suddenly has a reachwidth of 10+ meter dragging you into the horde
    :O)
  • QuanrianQuanrian 117 PointsMember, Level4
    Noticed the blue health too and I could swear it was when someone else healed and I got 'some' effect because it buffed my health. In other words, I got hit and it didn't take away from my 'base' health. I kind of just assumed it had something to do with a trinket.
    Eat the game before it devours your life!
  • Halvars90Halvars90 56 PointsMember, Level3
    sfoxx said:

- more frequently, part of my health bar will turn blue (maybe 2 segments), then a few seconds later that health disappears, or one segment will disappear and the other segment go back to green. What's that about?

The blue-health is a protection trait on a weapon that someone in your team has, it protects you from damage, it's called "Saftey in numbers".

And it looks like the dwarf on this image?

If not I dont know what the hell is going on xD
  • sfoxxsfoxx 12 PointsUnconfirmed, Level2
    @Halvars90 - aha. Good to know it;s working as intended. Just never seen it before, but read that it crashed the game - guess that was one of the patch fixes?
This discussion has been closed.